Delco Generator

swhowell

You probably won't find any good pot metal end plate/brush holder assemblies for the Remy 917 series generators (Studebaker p/n 44360). I found a gentleman that had the end castings made and I had it machined to specs. I just don't have the time to make any more at this time, but I think that Jason at Advanced Electrical Rebuilders would be happy to help you out Advanced Electrical Rebuilders - Antique Auto - Marine - Agricultural - Industrial.

Scott

I believe this is the part you are looking for (3rd brush removed in this photo).

post-66547-14313886331_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stude Light
Added photo (see edit history)

Thanks Scott!

He is correct, I would be glad to help you come up with a new housing. He's also correct that you probably won't find a good pot metal housing and if you do, it's only a matter of time before it is no longer a good piece. I have a couple of options for replacing yours. Feel free to contact me to discuss these.

I have a rough brass casting for a Remy Generator that I bought from Steve Munts at Custom Antique Parts in Seattle. I decided to convert to a Wagner distributor on my 1922 EK and don't need this part. It needs to be machined and is a rough casting but if you are interested please let me know.

Tom