Vintage Tire Changer SPEEDMASTER

Guest luxefaire

Guest luxefaire

Hi I am trying to value this for a friend, and I am unable to find any record of it, does anyone here have any information? It is patent 138773, other patds pending, Speedmaster Oakland CA. A tire changer where the cast iron handle levers up and down and beads can be broken off rims...this one is repaired with a small piece of round tubing halfway across the bottom crossmember, but otherwise is still very serviceable and presentable. Thanks in advance.....bill

post-83323-143138853194_thumb.jpg

post-83323-143138853198_thumb.jpg

post-83323-143138853199_thumb.jpg

As it sits it looks like it is all done. If you bead blast it down to bare metal and repaint it the appropriate color/colors you might get more interest in it from petrolania/ gas station kind of stuff collector. It is not a huge space taker.

I don't know what it would be worth then, but it would look more like it might belong in some sort of collection, not a lot even then I suppose, but you might enjoy the process. Maybe Ebay it.

Jim43

• 1 year later...
Guest Wendell Stewart

I would like to buy it. How much do you want? Call me Wendell Stewart 510-521-8506 I live in Alameda, California