Transmission Bearings

roman

Does any one know a supplier of New Departure Bearings? I'm trying to track down a 5100 or a 5100A2 bearing for an old GM trans.

Dimensions are 80mm outside dia. 30mm inside dia. 35mm width.

It has 12 bearings on each side. The bearing is for a 1932 Oldsmobile transmission.

Edited by roman
typo and more info (see edit history)

Does any one know a supplier of New Departure Bearings? I'm trying to track down a 5100 or a 5100A2 bearing for an old GM trans.

Dimensions are 80mm outside dia. 30mm inside dia. 35mm width.

it is a it has 12 bearings on each side.

Bearing will be imperial & not metric dimensions.

By Roman other thread is for a 1932 Olds http://forums.aaca.org/f138/1932-olds-transmission-322905.html#post1000968

Look at several threads started by AACA Forums - View Profile: 50jetback He did a similar task. Ended up buying out of Singapore in my memory is correct

Thanks for all the help. Here are some answers:

It is for a 1932 Oldsmobile.

I also was skeptical of the metric measurements, especially since I'm looking for this part for my Dutch friend in the Netherlands. I just assumed he gave me metric numbers being he's Dutch (don't hold it against him, he's still a nice guy LOL). But, you got to admit, those are pretty 'round' metric numbers. It's not like they are 33.5mm or 87mm. I will ask him again to use is "American" calipers.

In the mean time, I will check with the above recomendations.

Thank you gentlemen.

If he used vernier calipers they should be correct

May be metric but that would surprise me for a 1932 US made car

80 mm= 3.1496063"

3 5/32 = 80.16875 mm

30mm = 1.181102362 "

1 3/16 = 1.1875 mm

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

A good bearing company should be able to cross that ND number over to another brand if it's not available in ND. Looks like a double ball brg if you say it has 2 rows of balls. Brgs. are listed in both inch and metric sizes and newer brgs may carry a different number than the original. Also many of the new brgs come with shields(metal plates that cover the balls) or are sealed. Usually this shoud not pose problems as they can prevent oil leakage. Good luck The hardest part today is finding older catalogs and a service rep who will spend the time looking up the old info for crossover. I used to sell bearings and I know that if you dig deep enough you should find something!

Edited by jpage (see edit history)