Sign in to follow this  
bofusmosby

1937 Pontiac Fuel Pump removal HELP!!!

Well, I decided to remove my fuel pump to have it re-built, but it would seem that I have a problem from the beginning. I have removed the fuel and vacuum lines, and removed the 2 bolts that hold the pump to the engine block. No problems so far, BUT, I can't seem to remove the pump from the engine! On mine, the Rocker Arm fits into the block, and there is a "Foot" on the arm that rides on the cam inside the engine. For some reason, this arm will not come loose. I even went as far as pivoting the entire pump upside down to try to remove it that way, but no luck. This should be a simple job, so I am hoping that there is some sort of trick to this. I have a copy of the MOTORS manual, along with the 37 Pontiac service manual, and nowhere does it tell how to remove of install this pump. HELP!! I don't want to force anything, so I figured I'd make a post about my difficulty with the hopes that someone can assist me in this.

I could really use someones help, and Thank You in advance for your assistance on this.

Never mind guys, I finally go it! I put it back the way it was, then lifted it straight up, and pivoted (rotate) upwards and it came right out. No problems. I just hope that it goes back just as easy.