1963 LeSabre 2dr ht bench seat 4 speed

I own a 1963 Lesabre 2dr hardtop with a bench seat and a four speed. I bought this car from a collector in Kansas. I would like the know how rare this four on the floor option is and does the car have any value. becuase of this option. It sure is fast and a very strong car. Any info would be greatly appreciated Morley. My email address is primrosehill_2000@yahoo.ca

I'll say it's rare...! I had a '58 Buick Special with the 3-speed, and did some researh. Found out only 1% of the '58 Buicks were so equipped. 20 years ago, I had a '63 LeSabre 2-dr. sedan (with post) with factory 3-speed on the column. It was quick, and also quite economical on gas (20-22 mpg on the highway). The 4-speed has to be even scarcer than the 3-speed, so you have a very, very rare car. I have seen two other full-sized '63 Buicks with the 4-speed on the floor, in my 25 years of being in the Buick Club and going to the national meets. Actually, one of those was a black '63 LeSabre 2-dr. hardtop at a repair shop auction in Oklahoma City two years ago. The last I knew, that car was in Canada--I saw it on Ebay about 10-12 months ago. Could this be that same car? It definitely needed restoration.<P>Pete Phillips<BR>Ector, Texas

Those cars are <B>that</B> rare? I just bought some parts from a guy who was parting out a 63 Le Sabre 4-door with a factory 4-speed (and a 2 bbl). He was pulling the drivetrain to stick in a pickup. The rest of the car was headed to the boneyaed; it's probably there by now.

Konga, yes, they are that rare. Unfortunately the one in Ca. was wrecked pretty good, and being a four door sedan did not help that much, either. The sad thing about these cars is that there are only a very limited number of people interested in them, so their value to them is higher than it is with the general population. Other than Morley's, my two door is the only other one I know of, though I am sure there are more out there. Rare? Yes. Cool? Definately yes! Valuable? It all depends on how bad someone wants it. Matt.

The Sloan Museum in Flint, Mi. will tell you that in 1963 only 170 Lesabre 2dr hts had a 4 speed trans. Only 17 Lesabre wagons had a 4 speed, I have one of those. Yes they are rare. Not many left!

pphil, I too would like to know that figure. I have one of those also, but there seems to be no production number. If anyone knows, please enlighten us. Thank you, Matt.

Guest Skyking

In may of 1998 CARS had a 63 LeSabre 4dr sedan w/factory 4 speed & 410 rear end advertised. Back then, they were asking $2650.00.....I would love to have that set-up in my 62.....