Metal finish on garnish moulds

Does anyone know if there were options of the metal finish on the garnish moulds ? I have seen some dark colours and light ones and even two tone ( as per Ken Sobel's car ). I actually like a Burr Walnut as per the photo attached. I've also attached a photo of what I believe is an original colour. What do you guys think ?

Ian

post-44589-143138838434_thumb.jpg

post-44589-143138838437_thumb.jpg

Hi Gurra,

Seems to be a variation on a theme. As I said, Ken Sobel's car has two different finishes. One a walnut and the other a beech, two totally different and in contrast to each other. I have quite a few of 34's and there are some different ones around.

I agree. The only thing I don't know is when the chassis were sent to Australia and Richards made the bodies if any options or colour choices for these trims were given. Mine being an American Body, as you said, is a dark walnut woodgrain.

It would be interesting to find someone that worked in the factories in the 30's who could probably answer the bulk of our questions !

When looking at the best piece of original moldings on my car, it looked as if the person doing the work had Parkinsons! In other words, not real great. I finished mine in my own fashion and called the pattern "twisted sequioa". Just go with what you like. :)