Sign in to follow this  
airbrushguy

Kinda off-topic...about shipping??

I have a rear axle that a fellow in Phoenix AZ wants to buy. He wants to know how much it would be to ship. I figure I'll drain the fluid, put it securely on a pallet, wrap it completely and send it. What is the best method/carrier to use (for both of us) to ship from NJ to AZ ???

Thanks

I don't know the best to use, but I pretty much know the worst. I would avoid companies with the initials YRC.

I know with UPS and USPS you can ship something like that without packing it, they just put a tag on it. Most recently I shipped a reese hitch across the country via USPS. I had to put it on the scale for the poor little woman helping me, but they delivered it fine.

Assuming you are talking about an entire rear housing, a common carrier, bulk freight might be cheaper, as would not an axle be beyond the size of a standard pallet? And it would need to be lifted by a fork lift. If just axles, they might would be smaller.

John

I would not ship ups I just did Insured it for a 1000.00 they broke it then told

me though lock we will not pay.

John Hanson

might be able to use greyhound,had a fender shipped fron colorado to connecticut for 95 bucks 4 fufords from ct

Do you work for a company that normally receives or ships pallet loads of items, or know someone who does?

I just had a rear end shipped from Georgia to Virginia, common carrier, and the company I work for gets a 50% discount on quoted rates. The cost after discount was a little over $100....and I was able to specify the address to which to ship....

Do you work for a company that normally receives or ships pallet loads of items, or know someone who does?

I just had a rear end shipped from Georgia to Virginia, common carrier, and the company I work for gets a 50% discount on quoted rates. The cost after discount was a little over $100....and I was able to specify the address to which to ship....

My friend owns a company that has a dock to ship/receive. What carrier did you use?

It is a complete Corvette independent rear, suspension and brakes, together and complete.

Well, that would come apart without a lot of work, but if it is later model and is aluminum, it wouldn't be that heavy, MAYBE..........

What year is it, and what gear ratio? Just wonder. I would love to find a 3.70 center section for my 90's Vette rear which is under my 41 Limited.

Dale in Indy

Well, that would come apart without a lot of work, but if it is later model and is aluminum, it wouldn't be that heavy, MAYBE..........

What year is it, and what gear ratio? Just wonder. I would love to find a 3.70 center section for my 90's Vette rear which is under my 41 Limited.

Dale in Indy

Sorry, it's a Dana 44 but it has 3:07.

I'd have to go back and see if I can find bill of lading and invoice, get him to check any common carrier.....

Call the bus lines. Depending on if the dementions and weight are within their limits, it may be a cheaper option.