1942 Oldsmobile Station Wagon...Woodie

MikesWoodieWorld

I am the proud owner of a 1942 Oldsmobile Station Wagon...Woodie Wagon.

I do not think very many were made, and having owned mine since 1980, I have only heard of one other.

I have added some pictures of mine, and would love to hear from anyone into 1942 Oldsmobiles of any model.

My records show that 600 Wagons were made in 1941, and the same in 1942, but it doesn't seem right.

Production was halted in Feb 1942, for the war effort, and usually in those years production began in the first few days of the year, which makes it about two months of production.

Whereas, the 1941 year was a full year of production.

Does anybody have any info in this regard?

I would love to know!!

As you can see from the pictures, mine is not yet finished (after how many years?). I find there are quite a lot of accessories out there, as if more than were actually needed were made ahead of time, but try looking for a much needed part, they don't exist!!

So, it has been a great feeling when it does progress forward.

(It was a basket case when acquired!!)

Thanks for looking, Mike

post-79354-143138834226_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143138834233_thumb.jpg

Guest Montana Mike

Mike,

Great looking car. I will be ready to tear into my '48 Olds woodie by years end. it is not nearly in as good of shape as yours. Not sure I have ever seen a '41. I would love to see interior photos.

Mike

Montana Mike,

Oldsmobile used Hercules to build their Woodies from 1941-1947, using pretty much the same design. In 1948, they used the same basic body as did Chevrolet, which I believe is a Fisher body. So you will get more info about the wood from Chevy folks than from Olds folks. It may make replacement parts perhaps more plentiful, too, since Chevy used the same basic body from 1942-1948, I believe.

Good luck on your project.

I am tackling a 1947 Buick Woodie next!!

Mike

• 8 months later...