GDenton

1933 Dodge front Fenders

Thanks everyone for help so far. It looks like I just have to get it home, get it torn apart, and see whats what. I went to a swap meet in Puyallup, Washington last weekend. Everyone laughed at me when asking about 34 truck parts...oh well. Attached are a couple of pictures of a car someone brought to the swap meet, but no one was around it that knew anything about it. Went back several times. Anyone have a clue what it is? Bye from Guy

post-82468-143138853422_thumb.jpg

post-82468-143138853473_thumb.jpg

Do I dare ask what they wanted for that car. Id be all over that one

There was no sign or price on it. Maybe someone had already bought it. We were there early though, and you would have thought some kind of sign would have been there.It looked fire damaged on the inside, but mostly all there.

Hi Guy

These are the only difference between a half ton and a bigger cab I know of.

1. A half ton have smaller opening in the cowl but the outside dimensions are the same and it looks like they are from the same stamping tool.

2. The floor board has a different angle.

3. A half ton has 2 radiator support bracket and the bigger has 1 in the middle.

Everything else seems to be the same. The photos show my bigger cab mounted on a half ton chassis. The inside panel were the sun visors are attached (in the first photo) is from a 1933 4dr and every hole matched the cab. The hood is also from a half ton and fit quite well as you can see. I ordered the windshield frame for a 1933-34 half ton pickup and it fits like a glove

I took the pictures yesterday and I hope they explain what I mean.

Gunnar

post-61694-143138857706_thumb.jpg

post-61694-143138857712_thumb.jpg

post-61694-143138857717_thumb.jpg

post-61694-143138857722_thumb.jpg

post-61694-143138857727_thumb.jpg

Hello Gunnar, Thanks for the great pictures. They help me a lot. Here is one question though. On your cab, did you put another hole in the firewall for the steering column to go through? It would seem you would have to to get it in the right position. I see the original cutout below your steering column. I haven't seen any other pictures with two cutouts for the column. Thanks again for the pictures. Guy

KCL, this are the only original body tags I have. Valbo Verkstads Aktiebolag is the name of the company who made the cab and the other tag is the line registration number as you already know. Second photo is from a local newspaper and shows what mine looked like back in the thirties but it's not mine.

When I looked for parts I found a second Dodge KCL built in Sweden but with another body. Now it's in my garage and I can show you pictures of it later or maybe start another thread. Send me a PM if you want my e-mail address.

I guess we all know there is always going to be some differences in the cars & trucks built in other countries than what was built in the USA, there were a lot of coach builders world wide building the Chrysler product on a contract basis, the chassis seems the same as we know, some were a knock down export & the coach builders took over from there....

post-68806-143138859693_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy. Yes I did the round hole in the firewall. I did it as small as possible so there is enough material to form is lip around the final cut out I'll do later after I've reshaped the lower edge.

How is this truck project coming? May be of little help. I have a 1 1/2 and 1/2 ton original trucks to compare.

Hi, the truck project is going slow. I have spent all summer looking for parts, and they are few and far between here in the Northwest. I have gone to car shows, swap meets, and very few parts are available for Dodges. I only saw one 34 pickup at all the car shows, and it wasn't stock. I did get 4 wire wheels, and a radiator. I also bought all the running gear from a guy in Colorado who was rodding his 35. I bought the front axle with springs and original shocks, brakes and drums. Also got a steering column, gearbox and wheel. Got the clutch and brake pedal assembly and gas pedal linkage. Got the upper floor pan that is metal, and the gas pedal that is hooked to it. He couldn't find the rear motor mounts that bolt to the frame, and I got the rear end, drive shaft , and rear shocks. What I can't find yet are the splash aprons, better fenders, seat cushions and back. I also bought a complete 39 Plymouth pickup frame with all the running gear including the transmission. I was hoping to use the rear motor mounts from that, but the frame is a channel, and the dodge is a boxed channel, so don't know if any of that will work. So that's where I am so far, if you know of any parts available, especially in the area of the rear motor mounts, let me know. I haven't even found one to look at to see what I need. I'm searching in a vacuum. Are you anywhere close to me, I just need one to look at to see what I need to find. Thanks

Give me a call at 209 613 1199, i'll try to help you out. I live in Jamestown Ca. Thanks Dave

good luck

Jen

Progress has been slow. After doing research, I am not going any further until I can verify that it has the correct truck frame under it. I know the front axle is wrong, the front shocks are wrong, the engine is wrong, the grille is wrong, and so on. I am going to take the entire cab, fenders and everything off so I can find a serial number on the frame. to see if it matches anything. The s/n on the title is 9264775 which is a 42 Dodge number. The number on the tag on the cab is 8559591. That's where I am at. Bye from Guy

Also on the small cab, mounting brackets are riveted to the body for the mounting bolts. Also the fire wall is shorter up and down.

post-78906-143142831858_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143142831853_thumb.jpg

Hi - I see this post is rather old, but maybe some of you are still on here?  My grandpa gave my Dad a 1933 Dodge Brothers Pickup that we have had for many years and used in parades.  It still runs.  We have decided to try and sell it as no one really has the passion to continue to take care of it and we are running out of storage space.  I have been trying to list it online but I really don't know very much information - for example - Classic Cars wanted the Model... I don't even know if it is a Dodge Brothers, the title says Dodge but the Truck says Dodge Brothers.  My grandpa had it restored before giving it to my dad but the guy who restored it is no longer around to talk to and my Grandpa has passed.  Any information would help.  

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

On 4/23/2013 at 8:28 PM, GDenton said:

Progress has been slow. After doing research, I am not going any further until I can verify that it has the correct truck frame under it. I know the front axle is wrong, the front shocks are wrong, the engine is wrong, the grille is wrong, and so on. I am going to take the entire cab, fenders and everything off so I can find a serial number on the frame. to see if it matches anything. The s/n on the title is 9264775 which is a 42 Dodge number. The number on the tag on the cab is 8559591. That's where I am at. Bye from Guy

Any updates??