We've Arrived...

Dandy Dave

Yup, My old 1962 Ford F-250 4X4, and I, are Fifty today. Woooo hooooooo!

Now, with Automobiles, 25 years makes it a Genuine Antique, with other old and dusty furniture and stuff, it has to be 100. Now, how about people??? When do we earn the right to be classified as a "Genuine Antique Person." Seems like the old timers I have looked up to in my youth, and gained much of my mechanical knowledge from, have for the most part past on, making me the "Old Timer" with the wits to make old and rusty stuff run again in these parts. So, should I view it as Fifty years old? Or, Fifty years young? And have I yet earned the right to wear a "Genuine Antique Person" hat at a half a century old??? Just a little over one hundered years ago, the average life span was only about 45. Just another spoke in the wheel of the continuing saga of keeping a piece the past, for the future. Dandy Dave!

75013d1294870591-let-snow-let-snow-let-snow-100_2152.jpg

Guest Jim_Edwards
LOL....:D

OMG....AARP wants me. :eek: I guess I've arrived. :P Dandy Dave!

Something to look forward to for sure. The next 50 years filled with Junk Mail and Junk E-Mail from AARP and all the "special" not so bargain insurance offers from various insurance companies living off the AARP bandwagon.

Lets give Dandy Dave a little garage type help......;)

A dandy is a man who places particular importance upon physical appearance, refined language, and leisurely hobbies, pursued with the appearance of nonchalance in a cult of Self. Historically, especially in late 18th- and early 19th-century Britain, a dandy, who was self-made, often strove to imitate an aristocratic lifestyle despite coming from a middle-class background.

It's not the years Dave, It's the mileage. As my old Army Sergeant from West Virginia would opine...... you been rid too hard and put away wet too many times..... but to be fair I am sure you are in much better shape than all the old cars you work on! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time for a new AACA forum name and avatar. I vote for "Older than dirt Dave." With maybe a shot of a junkyard crusher pile. :eek:

OK.... to be fair Dave is a good friend and mechanic to a good friend of mine, Mike K, and everything I have heard about him is good. He is an active and valuable member of this forum, An I just couldn't let his 50 Th. pass without a little ribbing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ......... YOU OLD ............ DANDY :)

Thanks for all the good wishes gang. I went out last night, acted like I was 18 again. ( when I was a young um, you could legally get served alchohol here in New York State at 18. ) I sang a few songs with the music from one of them there new fangled karaoke machines. ( Them young uns don't know how good they have it. In the old days we had to bring out the Gutairs, Banjos, fiddles, and such. And then try to make music with them ourselves.) And then I help close the Bar and arrived home at 2 sumthin AM...... LOL... It's 8 AM and here I am up and around and typing this. Yup, Looks like I still got it! :D Dandy Dave!

Lets give Dandy Dave a little garage type help......;)

A dandy is a man who places particular importance upon physical appearance, refined language, and leisurely hobbies, pursued with the appearance of nonchalance in a cult of Self. Historically, especially in late 18th- and early 19th-century Britain, a dandy, who was self-made, often strove to imitate an aristocratic lifestyle despite coming from a middle-class background.

It's not the years Dave, It's the mileage. As my old Army Sergeant from West Virginia would opine...... you been rid too hard and put away wet too many times..... but to be fair I am sure you are in much better shape than all the old cars you work on! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's time for a new AACA forum name and avatar. I vote for "Older than dirt Dave." With maybe a shot of a junkyard crusher pile. :eek:

OK.... to be fair Dave is a good friend and mechanic to a good friend of mine, Mike K, and everything I have heard about him is good. He is an active and valuable member of this forum, An I just couldn't let his 50 Th. pass without a little ribbing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ......... YOU OLD ............ DANDY :)

I'm an original and classic "Yankee Doodle Dandy." Us Yankee Doodle Dandys are a little more down to earth. I like to show off the Red, White, and Blue and often have been spoted proudly wearing the colors while mowing the lawn. or wrenching on stuff . :) Folks comment all the time, " Now,.. that's just Dandy....Dave! :D

Happy Birthday Dandy Dave! Welcome to the "Fifty is the new Thirty" club..remember, my mom once told me you are as young as you feel so after last night's shenanigans you must only be 18! Enjoy the rest of your ride my man!!

Guest Dick Whittington
Yup, My old 1962 Ford F-250 4X4, and I, are Fifty today. Woooo hooooooo!

Now, with Automobiles, 25 years makes it a Genuine Antique, with other old and dusty furniture and stuff, it has to be 100. Now, how about people??? When do we earn the right to be classified as a "Genuine Antique Person." Seems like the old timers I have looked up to in my youth, and gained much of my mechanical knowledge from, have for the most part past on, making me the "Old Timer" with the wits to make old and rusty stuff run again in these parts. So, should I view it as Fifty years old? Or, Fifty years young? And have I yet earned the right to wear a "Genuine Antique Person" hat at a half a century old??? Just a little over one hundered years ago, the average life span was only about 45. Just another spoke in the wheel of the continuing saga of keeping a piece the past, for the future. Dandy Dave!

75013d1294870591-let-snow-let-snow-let-snow-100_2152.jpg

Lemme see, I had been intimate several times with the local constabulary and highway patrol :eek::eek:when you were born, driving new trucks back from Ft. Wayne and Springfield, was on my third or fourth car, have SnapOn tools older than you, yada yada yada.

Happy birthday ya young whippersnapper:D:D:D

Edited by Dick Whittington (see edit history)

Trulyvintage, WHAT IS THAT COUPE, very cool piece from what I can tell.

Dale in Indy

1941 Limited Buick custom

1946 Buick Roadmaster, just purchased.

1979 Vette custom, 600hp, purchased new

1957 German motor scooter, might sell.

1947 Whizzer motor bike

1940 Rexner rail/tether car 21" long

That is a 1932 Ford 5 window coupe.