Rear backing plates

Guest frenchy1932

Guest zazothex

I may be able to get a hold of a pair from a '46 Sedan. Boos wants $250 each, but screw that. I can go $300 for the pair if they're what you need.

My problem is I don't have a hub puller as of yet to get 'em off. I was planning on getting one eventually, but am spending my money on some other things like a friggin heater for my garage. If you could send me one to use, I'll knock $100 off the price to get them for you.

Guest frenchy dehoux

Thank You for the feedback I am waiting for a phone call from Merv Atkins in regard to these backing plates. I will let you know if I cannot locate them.

Frenchy

I have a junk 1948 Lincoln rear axle that I've been unable to pull the drums from - until today. I was able to get one off but the other one still is too tight. I abused my KR Wilson hub puller to get the first one off, but the other one is not responding - yet. I've anointed it with copious amounts of KROIL and it may yield tomorrow!

Do you need the complete backing plate including the shoes, brake cylinders, springs, etc. - or just the bare backing plate?

I'm sure we can make a deal!

post-31768-14313883932_thumb.jpg

Guest frenchy dehoux

Phil

Thank You for your response I need the backing plates with the shoes ,springs etc... Let me know the price.

Thank You so much for the help.

Frenchy

Well, it yielded today, but not gracefully! You might not want it after all.

Apparently, the right side of this axle had been left sitting in a puddle of water for a LONG time. The backing plate is still intact and useable, but the brake shoes are stuck inside the drum. They WILL come out and are more than likely salvageable. Everything can be rebuilt and you probably don't want to use any of the old springs anyway.

Let me know what you think.

post-31768-143138840003_thumb.jpg

post-31768-143138840009_thumb.jpg

Guest frenchy dehoux

Phil

Thank You for the help on these parts. The old brake shoes I can have them done with new pads no problem. The wheel cylinders I can buy new one or buy the kits to rebuild them.

Thanks

Frenchy