Newbie in Denver

Guest Freaky1

Guest Freaky1

Hello from Denver!

Back in 1983 or 84 when I moved to Denver with my parents one of the guys that my dad knew out here that lived in our neighborhood had a gorgeous 64 Starfire Convertible that he'd bring over from time to time. I always liked that car and the owner and his family became family friends, as most car people do. Many years went by and this gentleman developed some health issues that eventually took his life. He had a few cars and they were disbursed among his children and by this time his kids and I had all gone our separate ways. Not much longer after this I was involved in a serious accident at my work and eventually came into some money because of the injury I received. Talking to my dad I found out that the Olds was up in Greeley CO and sitting in the driveway of one of this guys kids. He lived in a new neighborhood and the garages they built in this neighborhood were not big enough to hold this car. I got in touch with him and he was interested in selling the car to me so I picked it up and drive it home. Now I don't remember how long it had been since his dad died or how well he was able to take care of the car while he was sick but clearly she was in need of some TLC. Just before I bought the car I had been married and started my own business so working on the car then was out of the question. Shortly after that kids started coming along and the car, while safe in a peaceful garage, spent even more time waiting for all that TLC.

The car is in pretty good shape, just a little rust around the rear wheel wells and there are now some door dings in the drivers door from my wife parking her car in the garage with the kids. But that ended a couple of years ago as I took over the garage and her car now permanently resides outside. The transmission will need to be rebuilt as revers is pretty well shot and the brakes will need some work also. Judging by the looks of it the front end was rebuilt before I got a hold of it. My plan is to fix what needs to be fixed and have some fun with the car because for the few rides I was able to take my kids on they went nuts. There is a plan in the future to do a complete rebuild from the ground up as I do still love this car. I can't tell you how many people have seen it and gush about how cool the car is. Oh it's white with black interior and a white top (which has a giant hole in it, it was like that when I got it) and steel five slot mags with knock-off's on it, I'll post some pics soon as right now I'm at work and don't have access to them.