Trunk latch activates by itself

Seth Rose

Hey guys I walked outside today to mess with one of my motorcycles and I heard my trunk latch pop like someone had pushed the button. So I went over and shut it and sure enough about 30 seconds later it did it again. it just started doing it randomly after that. I took the relay out to it for now any ideas?

yea I was thinking I was going to do that when I go to get one on Monday after surfing on here a little bit I have found some things to try if that doesn't work. But from the looks of the pins on the relay (2 of the are black and gross looking) I am thinking thats what my problem is. Also its snowing here so could of shorted the lock cylinder. This site is the best!! always helps me out =)

yeah every time i see a reatta or 80s model GM car in the yard i snag the relays for that reason. Aftermarket relays fit the socket but wont work. I noticed this with my cooling fans. The relay fit the socket but the fans wouldnt come on and the fuse box wouldnt screw down because the relay was too big

Mine '90 has done the same thing. Moisture in the truck key switch so when I wash the car I try to avoid spraying directly on the key switch. If it does happen I remove the "body" fuse which stops the switch from working and let it dry out for a day. Then it is fine.