Sign in to follow this  
rayjay1902

1917 dodge headlight

just came back from a quick run in the 1917 dodge, when i got home i noticed the headlight rim and glass were missing....i went out to look for it but it was too late....had been run over too many times.....does anyone know where i can get another set? the lense and rim.....thanks

Thats a shame, if no-one has one here than e-bay is another alternative

I have some headlamps in my garage. If you could post a closeup photo and dimensions of your good bezel, I can compare to see if I have one. Or send me the photo and I will post it here for others to see (if you have trouble posting here). John

keiser31@charter.net

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Here is the item to match...10" in diameter. Rayjay 1902...I looked at my lamps and bezels....all different. Sorry.

post-37352-143138824411_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138824423_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Rayjay,

We're having a Super Bowl party at our place and a friend informed me that you have acquired a Dodge that we owned prior to the previous owner. We've got some pictures of the car from a number of years ago and would be happy to share them with you if you're interested. God bless,

Frank

Ps we might even have a trophy or two that go along with it

hi frank....would love to see old pics of her. also any information. i noticed the car a year ago for sale and i kept a pic of it. then a few weeks ago i was cleaning out my pc when i found them. i called to see if she was still for sale and i got lucky. we really like the car. i dont know how it happened , but the headlight rim bezel fell off while i was out for a run.... it made me sick because she was looking so good. now im trying to find another one..but no luck yet.

Rayjay,

You might try Myers Early Dodge for the headlight rim. My emai is RF300@hotmail.com If you contact me via that address, I'll give you my phone number and we can discuss the car. It is indeed a good runner. We took it to Mystic Seaport and drove 400 miles one weekend without any difficulties. God bless, Frank

Rayjay, I have a bunch of rims, and last week I bought an extra lens, so I'd have a spare. My car is just in the early restoration stages, so I'll sell you what I have. I look at my rims for a nice one and let you know tomorrow. $40 plus shipping for rim and lens. I'm working on a 1918 DB Touring.

Rayjay, for some unknown reason, BOTH of my computers at work won't let me upload the photos, so I'll have to do it this weekend at home.

thanks willy.....bezel and glass came in last night....i already put them on the car...looks great. ill be keeping my eye out for parts as they come up for sale. i just won a bid on ebay for the original owners manual. it seems to have alot of info on taking care of the car.....grease fittings ect. it should be in later this week