Wiring harness suppliers

jackofalltrades70

I started a similar thread on the Buick forum. I am going to order a complete wiring harness for my 47 76C Buick and wanted to see if I could get some feedback on the different suppliers. I have quoted with 3, of whom I won't name and have 3 different prices and lead times. Looking for good and bad information so I can make the best decision possible. Thanks in advance. Matt

We have had excellent service from Rhode Island Wiring, having installed maybe 20 of their harnesses. Their directions are superb.

I have used several Rhode Island wire looms and have never had a problem with the quality and directions. Lee Waldren Ft. Myers, Fl.

My only advice is don't trust the prices quoted on websites, call and get a quote. I won't mention which vendor did this. I ordered a complete set for my Cord, the guy thought I'd talked to them before and never mentioned price, I was looking at the favorable prices on the website, when it came the bill was about $400 more than the website stated. He ended up splitting the difference, which was fine...........

Well, after careful consideration from everyone's comments and several phone conversations, I have come to the conclusion that Rhode Island is out of the question, because they have never made a harness for a 47 Roadmaster convertible. So, Narraganset was the best delivery option, working mine in with another for a 48 Roadmaster convertible. Their price is also very nice. I will let everyone know when I receive, what it looks like, installation instruction ease, etc. Thanks to all. Matt:)