1946 Chevrolet Fleetline

Guest donhill

Guest donhill

I'm a brand new member. I know very little about computers and less about old cars but I recetly bought a 46 Chevy Fleetline.I am curious about the motor to see if it is the original motor . I have discovered that there are all kinds of #'s. My VIN# is DK1001-DK58678 and my engine # is DAM62861. What does that tell me and how do I find out if they are original to the car? Can anyone help? Thanks, Don

The Serial Number does not make sense! DK is a 1946 DK Fleetmaster or Fleetline Sub-series. My page tells you the Model Numbers by body style UNLESS you are overseas from the USA and that's a local assembly plant number!

1935 TO 1942 CHEVROLET BODY NUMBERS

A US car will have the plant code, then DK, then assembly month in two digitis, then thne sequential production number. The Engine Number is appropriate for a 1946 216 cu in engine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest donhill
The Serial Number does not make sense! DK is a 1946 DK Fleetmaster or Fleetline Sub-series. My page tells you the Model Numbers by body style UNLESS you are overseas from the USA and that's a local assembly plant number!

1935 TO 1942 CHEVROLET BODY NUMBERS

A US car will have the plant code, then DK, then assembly month in two digitis, then thne sequential production number. The Engine Number is appropriate for a 1946 216 cu in engine.

I appreciate your info. I re-checked my Vin # and it was wrong, I don't know where I got that #. My correct Vin# is 9DKK14671. I still couldn't make sense out of it except that it must have been made at the Norwood assembly plant.