Help 1990 V6

zagato

I am at my wits end with this 1990 3 liter. I fix one problem on the TC and another appears. This time the car is not having power to the gauges when I turn the ignition to the on position. The electrical accessories work, the windows, the lights etc. are fine; the starter will not activate nor strangely enough will the radio. This has happened on and off for the past several weeks. The car will at times start and run fine and then will do again what I have described above. There have been a few times when I was driving and the car would suddenly lose all power. After I stopped the car I was able to restart it again as if nothing had happened. This time I parked it in my garage a few days ago and when I went to start it today I had again the same non start issues as previously described.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

I received a reply from someone on the Chrysler Forum who suggested i check the grounds. It was a ground wire coming from the negative post on the battery. This car has a lot of quirks and there are days when I want to give up, but then i drive it and I remember why I bought it in the first place.

Guest My TC Toy

First check the fusebox and make sure the panel fuses are clean and tight.

Then I would go with the grounds. Behind both left and right kickpanels there is a bunch of ground wires attached by a knurled screw. The one in the left is the panel ground. If the panel is not grounded properly the gauges will malfunction. The grounds are fairly simple to check and I would do this first. If this does not work I would suggest checking the wiring connections to the cluster to check if they are possibly loose. This is more difficult as the cluster requires removal. Check the simple things first, from what you are saying the problem seems to be associated with the guage cluster.

Good luck

Bob