Need haul Flint to Charlotte or Georgia

MrEarl

Need "a cheap haul" (a phrase I learned from Truly Vintage) for 54 Buick Century parts car from Flint to anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Athens GA (60 miles east of Atlanta). Or possibly someone coming to BCA Nationals in Charlotte in June, I could pay gas one way.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

You can always give these guys a call: Get it Done Transportation - 5 Stars out of 5 - Transport Reviews.com - Your Auto Transport Information Source. View Reviews, Ratings and Rankings of Auto Transporters.

I bought my convertible in Racine Wi., not running on Thursday and it was in my garage at 10 AM Saturday morning, $650 if I remember right.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, it's a parts car, a rough one at that and I doubt if they or any other professional hauler can get cheap enough for me and I fully appreciate that. I expect the only way I will find someone to haul a rolling parts car is that it will be fellow forum member that just might happen to be coming this way or to Charlotte and wants to do a favor or could use help with gas etc. I am actually still checking the car out as to if it is even worth dragging out of the barn muck it is in but need to also know what my cost options are for shipping before making an offer. Plus some professional haulers don't even want to talk to you unless you already own the car. So that's where I'm at, if it don't come together so be it, won't be first time and probably not the last.

Thanks again for the info, I'll file it for when I win the lottery and buy my Century convertible, estate wagon and Landau. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Anybody? It is rougher even than I originally thought but it is a 3-speed Century meaning it has a 322 with the 6 bolt tranny. THAT'S why I am interested enough to even consider the hassle of getting it here.

Let's try look at skinning the cat this way then. Does anybody need anything hauled from down south to anywhere near Flint. :)

I have shipped a number of pallets and cars with Uship. Set your own price and see if you get any responses. You can be pleasantly surprised from time to time. If you have not used this method before it is similar to an eBay auction with the exception you are looking for the lowest bid rather than the highest.

That's true, one never knows if you DON'T ask/try.

Just this weekend I sent a note to a Ebay seller, they wanted starting bid of $50.00, I offered $25.00, and they closed the auction and I bought it. It was a 1936 Buick grill emblem, I remove the enamel, and chrome and make art pieces out of them. The Buick script is solid copper, so cleans up real nice.

I wish you well, I agree the 322 and standard shift tranny are a good find.

Dale in Indy

We have the technology to do that here, as well as get $260/T! But it may be more salvagable than it looks!

Ben, if I go up there she's comin home with me, all of her, in ever how many pieces she's in after winching her out of the muck in the barn. It's almost 900 miles one way, looking at about $650 round trip and that's with staying at Vasilow Inn at greatly reduced rates. It's tough to find anyone, a hauler or a good friend, willing to air up tires and pull a car out of a barn and if it needs inflatable rubber put on you can forget it. So that plus the $500 asking price (I haven't finished laying the southern charm on the lady yet though) just makes it a not so wise purchase.

I'd love to make a road trip to get it. If gas prices were as they were 5 years ago it would already be grazing in my pasture with all the rest of the derelicts that were retrieved when gas prices weren't so stupid.

I'll post on Uship, you never know if maybe there's someone fixin to head south empty. thanks y'all, not givin up yet

post-31987-143138818603_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138818605_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138818608_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

You can sure find some tough ones to recover! The one in DC and now maybe this one! Check with Lanier in Clermont, GA (770 314 1982). He hauled my Caddy up here from Atlanta. I actually found him on U-Ship but negotiated a deal with him seperately as he had to pay a fee to go through U-Ship.