Sign in to follow this  
shadetree77

What Do U Get When U Cross '50 Ford W/ '50 Buick?

Found this little oddity on EBAY. Looks like a '50 Ford had a baby with a '50 Buick!! Can't decide if I like it or hate it.:confused: :DHere's a link to the auction if you want to check it out further.

Ford Ford | eBay

post-75106-14313881522_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143138815221_thumb.jpg

Quite the Frankenstein....it only starts with the Buick teeth.

The wires are scary, no gauges...except the loose ones on the floor and a modern radio. Also some water damage on the bottom of the back seat...I wonder what is under that carpet?

I think the buyer that backed out just came to his senses.

Looks like someone has been reading 1950s Rod & Custom magazines! Some of that sort of customizing turned out reasonably well, usually not. After nearly sixty years, I have come to realize these things should be labeled "Junk Yard" customs, because that is what we did. Ran to the junk yard picked up what we thought would be uniquely different and went merrily on our way to creating a hideous mess brazing in trim holes and paddling lead. No Bondo or Snow White in those days.

WTF?!? A Buick impersonator gone totally wrong.:eek:

Frank-n-Ford--ok then I owned a '50 Ford and this one is not a "hard top" as it says in the write up, it's a 2 door post sedan. Fords and Buicks were never a good match body parts wise. This may have gone better on a '51 front clip, no arch in the middle where the center piece of the grill was, but I really don't think so. AS mentioned earlier the wiring looks to be a nightmare. Better disconnect the battery at night. Yeah it looks like a Frank-n-Ford to me.

As I recall (sometimes a bit slow and wrong), from my teen age years in the mid-50s, i think the use of the Buick teeth in a Ford was fairly common. Again, if I recall correctly, there were a number of customs done of this nature that looked much better then this. Using the teeth was a rather inexpensive "custom". It would be interesting to track this down in some old magazines. The problem was to find a good Buick front end in a scrap yard.

John

Upon reading John's comments seems I do remember seeing a few '49-'50 Mercs with the Buick teeth in their grill cavities and one '51 Ford Victoria hardtop. This would have been in the 50's and 60's also. Mark