N.C. Peerless history connection

DNC

I have a memory of there being a Peerless automobile connection to N.C. I seem to remember seeing photos on line of a western North Carolina resident of it's president. Does anyone know about this? Maybe I am confusing this story with another car company.

Thanks for writing DNC,

I don't know of a connection between the Peerless Motor Car Co. and North Carolina, except that there would have been several dealerships there, out of a network of about 250. The company had lots of presidents, including L.M. Blanchard(1902), Richard H. Collins(1922) and James A. Bohannon(1929). Are you saying one of them had a house in NC?

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

The only Peerless dealer that I have a record of in N.C. is A.J. Gilliam in Asheville. The Presidents of Peerless Motor car mostly lived in the Cleveland area, although Collins was from the Detroit area. They may have had a vacation home in North Carolina.

I have heard of a Peerless transmission factory in North Carolina but I can not find any connection with that and Peerless of Cleveland. peerless was and is a generic name and used on many things.

RHL

Thanks for writing DNC,

I don't know of a connection between the Peerless Motor Car Co. and North Carolina, except that there would have been several dealerships there, out of a network of about 250. The company had lots of presidents, including L.M. Blanchard(1902), Richard H. Collins(1922) and James A. Bohannon(1929). Are you saying one of them had a house in NC?

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I was surfing the Internet several years ago and came across some photos of a house overgrown with brush and the article said the homes original owner had ties to the Peerless Automobile Company, not a dealership but the company itself. Last week I tried hard to find that site again but was unable. I was hoping someone might know the story. I remember the house was located in the Western part of our state. If no one on here comes up with the answer I hope I will find it and will return with the answer. I am very sure about this story.