WTB special six waterpump IMPELLER

Guest newstew

Guest newstew

It is very similar to an outboard boat motor impeller,I may check that out also, Has anyone tried this before ? They really look identical

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest newstew
Did you find any source for the '23 waterpump impeller? If so I am rebuilding a '23 Special 6 and it's impeller looks like someone started the engine with the waterpump frozen. Would like to know of a replacement source also.

Thanks

I never found one .But I made one and it was easy,The impeller is concaved so you think it would be difficult.Here is what I did >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I went to a hardware store and bought a paint mixer wand that you would normaly attach to a drill to mix paint in a 5 gal. bucket. Then I removed the wand which left me the mixing disc, well this disk has ears on it but they lay flat, so I turned each ear with a twist angle to scoup the water Oh I also took a 1 inch hole saw and cut out the center. SO NOW I have somewhat of an Impeller but it lays flat still and it needs to be concaved like the original LISTEN CAREFULLY Take what is left of your old impeller and grind off all of the blades ==now your left with the center it should be 1 inch in diameter,Now put the brass center you just ground down back on the shaft...and place your impeller on the brass center,FIT ITso you can lean it back against the concaved water pump housing. TWEEK each blade back and make sure it is real close to the housing --You Do Not Have Much Room There.....Take a ball of play dough to see your actual space for your impeller when the outer housing is installed At this point you should have a coned shape impeller floating on the shaft......Just braze it on and carefully tweek each blade back as much as possible..It worked perfect for me and I have plenty of flow. KENNY Z 401=617=6028