hood ornament for 1965 skylark same as 1967?

Is the hood ornament thesame for the 1965 skylark as the 1967 skylark..trying to purchase one and just want to be sure I am getting the right thing..thanks!!

• 1 month later...

I have a MINT 1965 hood ornament that I bought a few years ago in hopes of doing a repro for the '65. I don't know if there are enough 65s out there to justify the cost. Might be willing to sell for a good price. I paid dearly to get this one.

Guest John Chapman

Mitch,<P>Out of curiosity, how much would it be just to repo the foil inserts? I've seen a lot of '65 hood ornaments many of which were restorable except the colors on the foils had faded and/or the foils were missing.<P>I purchased a refurbished hood ornament from Alan Kelmer out of NJ several years ago, but the repo foil quality was not great. Otherwise, it was a very nice restoration.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<p>[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: John Chapman ]

I'll look into doing a repro of the "metalcal" as we used to call those type of inserts. The ornament has a front and back emblem and they're bascially LH and RH. The kind of attention to detail you don't see often on the new cars. Mitch