Just purchased the contents of a closed Studebaker dealership

I purchased an 18 foot enclosed trailer full of parts from a long closed Studebaker dealership. They dealt in Packard as well of course but I don't think there is much Packard. It was allegedly unpicked. I'm just starting to go through the parts. I usually sell everything on ebay once I get it identified cleaned and ready for sale. As I'm going through the stuff is there any small unusual or even common parts any of you members are looking for? There is all sorts of stuff. From mechanical to trim. I have a large box full of window regulators I'm retagging today before the original tags fall off. But there seems to be about 75 percent N.O.S and 25 percent used of everything a dealership would have.

Let me know if there is anything to keep an eye out for that has been eluding you especially used as I probably won't even ever list most of the used stuff. We can set a deal up ahead of a listing then you won't have to bid on it. I'm very fair on pricing. I've been on the other end more than once and got that ripped off feeling but really needed the part. I would say the majority is 1940's-1950's with a little earlier and later. If it's small and odd a photo would really help.

I probably won't be listing anything from this lot on ebay for about a month as I'm Knee Deep in GM parts I need to get moved out.

My ebay Seller name is randyshotrods . You can see the type of stuff I sell and the prices I start things at as well as my seller rating so you'll know who you are dealing with and my track record. As usual no reserves. I want the parts sold and on cars.

I don't always check this forum everyday so PM me if you don't get a response in a couple of days. There is also some Stude Truck stuff that I noticed when unloading as well as a little sheetmetal.

Unfortunately all the signs went to the guy that bought everything then sold me the parts. He is a sign man.

As far as 1920's I would doubt it. I have run across some late 1930's stuff mainly suspension new in the box and stuff up to the early 1960's with the majority being 1940s-1950s. I think the dealership may have opened after WWII.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gone through atleast half the stuff so far just reboxing it and throwing out the garbage. I have alot of King pins and suspension related parts as well as a pile of bumper brackets and window regulators. I think I put about 8 brake backing plates on my shelf today. Some chrome and what not but more heavy into the suspension parts. I think I have an NOS Front fender and quarter for a bullet nose and the inner fenders as well as some 47 commander grille parts and I believe a complete 1949 Grille in the box. I have a pair of quarters for a wagon as well but I haven't identified them yet. If anyone needs anything PM for a reasonable response time as I'm not on the Studebaker forum very often.

Guest Orphanauto

I am restoring a 63 Champ Pick up 1/2 ton 8E7 V8 long bed. I could use any NOS parts. I am looking for a NOS Grille ( preferably the one with "Studebaker" written on the bottom ) also a tailgate, NOS radio Ac-3273. oh, do you have any Banners? thanks,

I'm pretty sure they are early 1960's like the sliding roof wagon but I'll try to get photos Tommorrow. They are in a Storage unit across town. I was going to try to photo the large sheetmetal anyways and ID it so I can get it sold.

I would be interested either way. We also have a '64 sliding roof wagon. You can email me direct if you'd like. mbstude@gmail.com I would love to see photos of other things as well. I'm a buyer! I can also help with IDing anything you may have a question about..

I finally inventoried my large sheetmetal:

286374-1947 Commander LH Front Fender

293578-1951-1952 Champion 2 door and Convertible RH Rear fender

609771-1947-1949 Commander and Champion Convertible RH 1/4 wheelhouse

Convertible only.

609772-1947-1949 Commander and Champion Convertible LH !/4 Wheelhouse

Convertible only.

1352367-Year? Stationwagon LH 1/4 Panel

1352366-Year? stationwagon RH 1/4 Panel

- - - - - - -LH front door for 54-57? vintage sedan I either couldn't find or didn't

write the part number down!

289126-1947-1949 Champion and Commander RH rear fender for 4 dr sedan

294217-1950 champion and Commander LH rear door for 4 door sedan

- - - - - -1951 Champion and 1951-1953 Commander Hood (super clean used)

post-43003-143138850012_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850014_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850016_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850018_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850019_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850021_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850023_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850025_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850027_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138850029_thumb.jpg

Guest RonDawg

I am trying to remove a 26 rear hub to restore the rear end. I am looking for a hub puller with approx. 3 1/4 inch inside deminsion. Any tools in your treasure trove?

I posted a pair of 1950 NOS grilles on Ebay. I believe they are Chrome Champion grilles. I'm listing shortly a pair of NOS 51 Grilles. I have some other small sheetmetal parts for the front of 1950 models listed. I'll try to keep filtering more on as I get a chance.

I do have a Mystery Drum from the dealership I haven't been able to ID. It has a parts tag dated 1957 but the number doesn't jive with anything. I do have backing plates that are NOS and may have a Wheel cylinder but I haven't Identified them yet. Do you have any measurements on the brake drums you need. That and a picture would be real helpful. I saw your earlier posts but didn't want to get your hopes up as I still don't know for sure if I have the parts you need. Just see if you can get me the photo and the measurements that would be a good start.

Guest NZ James

Thanks, I will try to get a photo soon, but in the meantime the drums are 11" diameter, and about 2.25" wide (well, the shoes are 2 and a quarter inches wide, drum could be wider I suppose). Studs are 5 on 5" PCD and about 9/16" UNF. I'm trying to source a drawing from the Museum.

Regards, James.

Guest NZ James

Took some photos of the rear drum that is on the car- hopefully they are attached. I can't be sure this is an original, but suppose it is. The drum machining on the inside was 66.3mm wide, overall the drum was 78.1. Let me know if you need any more dimensions. I have contacted the Museum to see if I can get a factory drawing, Regards James.

post-75720-143138879253_thumb.jpg

post-75720-143138879254_thumb.jpg

post-75720-143138879256_thumb.jpg

post-75720-143138879258_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adding some NOS grilles to my ebay listings tonight. I have a 42 Grille right and Left sides, 1949 Champion grille in the box as well as 2 others. I think they are other year champion grilles. I just haven't identified them yet. Starting each complete grille at 100.00. and the halfs @ 40-50.

I have an NOS 52 regal Steering wheel listed right now and will be adding a 47-48 Steering wheel shortly. They are really nice!!!!

This is the most exciting stuff. It was actually a small dealership that primarily only had inventory from the late 1940's-early 1950's with just a few later trinkets. It was in NH. I don't know the town. I bought it second hand from a guy that bought the entire contents for the signage. I bought an enclosed car trailer full about shoulder High. I've scrapped abunch of stuff that either got ruined or much that was just the garages scrap metal bins that whoever cleaned the dealership out thought were parts. Not quite the pristine type pick where people think you just walk into a building that time forgot. More of the typical box after box of ruined parts that got wet, or broken from being improperly loaded and packed. I literally found nice chrome parts on the bottoms of boxes full of spindles and control arms. Not to mention what the squirrels and mice ruined.

Atleast I got some good stuff though and will have more to come. I do have some bumper wingtips and accessory guards even some bumpers as well as alot of small pieces.

Guest pete26365

Hi i,m after 39 studebaker president busniess coupe 5c model front suspension parts ,kingpins trunions etc , any luck?

also after front vent window rubbers and runningboard rubbers ,thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought that Champ wiper transmission from you on e-bay. Nice part! Do you have any more of the dual wiper parts for a 39-46 Champ? I would like to get mine back to stock.

I also am looking for the stainless trim that goes between the front grilles on a 41 Champion. It is maybe 18" with a J-shape. Thanks!

I may have another piece of the wipers but I'm not sure where they are packed away at the moment. I probably don't have the trim but best bet is to just keep watching my listings. I don't know much of what I have until I actually run it through my parts books. Thanks for the purchase, Randy

• 2 weeks later...