Sign in to follow this  
zoomalot48

1911 to 15 Stutz Racers, pre White Squadron bodys

In pursuit of photos of restored and/or original Stutz Racers. Family had a riding mechnic during that peroid, C. W. Scott. His youngest brother had a letter written in 55' telling of his exploits from 1912 thru 1917 when he road with Earl Cooper and Gil Anderson.

Wisconsin L-B4 was the power and enclosed open top body work was the norm. I've been wanting to build a scale model of one of these early "Make-good-in-a-day" racers. Any assistance toward this research project will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks-Jeff

Welcome to the AACA Forum. You can read a lot about the Wisconsin powered Stutz on the HAMB website, find the thread with the title Race Cars 1894-1944, they were discussed on The Old Motor website as well with detailed photos of the engine. Bob

Bob, thanks for the tip in the "Old Motor" site, took two days but got through all 193 pages and several stops on videos. It was flat out wonderful. I just will not think Automobile, racing or otherwise, the same again. What a Motorhead treasure chest.

Many thanks and blessing to you and yours in this New Year!!! Jeff M.

Jeff, although I do not have much on most of the second tier races of the era of the teens there was a Scott that drove an Anderson Stutz at Sioux City on July 3, 1915 and Des Moines on August 7, 1915. If you do a little digging on those races you may find he was more than a mechanician. Good luck-Jim

Jim, I checked out both race dates and found that A. F. Scott drove Gil Anderson entered Stutz but they didn't cover back-in-the-pack finishers. Thank you so much for the tip.