Noob needs help w/ chrome installation...

Guest goathouse

Guest goathouse

Hello all!

I just purchased a 1965 Rambler American 440 - White/Black - 82K - 232. I love it, and love driving it. One of the buying factors was near-factory paint that was done mid-2011. The paint looks great, but all the chrome was taken off to do the paint. I have no idea where to start in putting the whole chrome kit back on. All of the mounting holes are open.

Can anyone help me with this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

John G.

Oakland, CA

You will need the correct plastic molding clips for those 1965 moldings. Galvin's Rambler Parts in Lodi has the correct clips if you need some or all of them. To install those hoizontal moldings near the belt line running from the front fenders across the doors and onto the rear quarters you will need to place one clip in each of the trim holes along the side car and lock it in place with the little nylon post which is a part of each clip. Then you just install the correct lenght of molding onto each set of clips (fender, door(s), rear quarter). There's sort of an arrowpoint piece of trim at the front of each fender and a little tapered molding piece which finishes off the rear of the molding on each side of the car. Download a good view of an asembled car or purchase a 1965 brochure so that you will understand how the moldings look when installed. I'm in Salinas and can offer other help if you need it so don't hestitate to leave me a personal email and I'll respond with my phone number or otherwise try to help. Joe

Guest goathouse

Monster cool, and thanks for getting back to me. I'm just getting the chrome package all sorted out - damn but it's a lot of shiny, shiny metal! - and should be in a place to start putting it on soon. I'll be back in touch soon. Thanks again Joe.

-John

1965 AM Rambler American 440 coupe