X-Frame History - help

X-Frame

They are really great pictures TG. Only problem is if I was to use one in the book I would need permission and of course credit given to the source :D

I'm not so sure you'd need permission. They look like press-release photos, and your use would not be for advertising purposes. If they are not press-release photos, then you'd have to get permission.

I answered my own question about the 2002-2005 Thunderbirds. They share the Lincoln LS and Jaguar platform but yes, they have X bracing but a bolt-on type which also acts as a strut and not a true "frame". There are actually 3 of them positioned under the engine, under the body, and under the trunk area. Even owners are unaware of them but are supposed to ocassionally check to make sure the bolts don't come loose as it affects the ride of the car. Diecast models I have seen of these cars do not show the X bracing.

Eric

Guest Kenn Evans II

The X frames used in the Kaiser's I thought were adapted by Dutch Darrin from his works with Duesenberg and Packard. Something to look into on the Frazer and Kaiser cars from 1949-1955

The X frames used in the Kaiser's I thought were adapted by Dutch Darrin from his works with Duesenberg and Packard. Something to look into on the Frazer and Kaiser cars from 1949-1955

Will look into that tidbit, thanks. The Duesenberg never used a X braced frame but Packard did.

BTW... the 1946 Kaiser was originally planned to be a unibody front wheel drive car. And they did not use the X frame except between 1951-1955. They were ladder construction prior.

Edited by X-Frame (see edit history)