Is anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson auction tonight?

Lebowski

Helfen;

I have no prejudice against any non-U.S. person or nationality or society, having a good many truly close friends of British or British Commonwealth nationality. I may have been mistaken in what I thought was an (underlying) implication by the Auction company, that an announcer with British accent "might" give the sale, and related vehicles more prestige, than commentary from a U.S. expert. Especially since the subject was vehicles that were, for the most part, some of the best of the Golden Age of U.S. auto design. DeCadinet used to have some entertaining and informative commentary about carsof ALL national origins. But the jarring change to the Brit-flavoring of the Reserve-class car announcements required no such "special" perspective. Just my opinion.

Saw this thread active again and was worried that some of you were stilled glued to your set after days of watching B-J!:D Thought it might be some type of syndrome!

As for the announcer. Ever notice how many pitchmen on TV are either British or Australian? I think a lot of people just like the voice. Marketing, one does it they all do it.

The 5000 series was very enjoyable and I thought the videos done very well. It really held my interest.

Any voice is OK with me as long as I can understand it!

Yes! DeCadinet was sorely missed, he was the guy obsessed with pointing out the hidden gas filler on all the 1950's GM products. :rolleyes:

DeCadinet used to have some entertaining and informative commentary about carsof ALL national origins. But the jarring change to the Brit-flavoring of the Reserve-class car announcements required no such "special" perspective. Just my opinion.