1928 & 1930 Model A Tudors

Took it out on the road today for a short run. Cleaned the plugs, shimmed the fuel shutoff ball valve (worked well), retimed it, and she fired up first try. Want to run it a bit before I pass judgement on the clutch.

• 4 weeks later...

Matter,

I have been following your posts and others replies with interest. I live in Westchester County NY and just got a real barn find completely stripped with no grill, tags, fender, glass or any identifying marks just a shell. Since you have both a 28 and a 31, is there a way to tell what year it is by body style alone? It's a Tudor by the way.

Thanks,

bubaroo,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. The following link may help you identify your body.

MAFCA - What Year Is It?

Thank you but unfortunately the body came with no radiator, no running boards, no instrument panel, headlights, motor, etc. It's just a body shell (In amazing shape) on a indescript frame. No way to identify using their methods.

Are the doors larger, windows larger on 30/31

Any other ideas???????

Anything is appreciated..... Thank you..

Look at the cowl (the area just in front of the base of the windshield). You should be able to identify it as 1928/1929 or 1930/1931 by comparing it to the photos on the MAFCA site. That is as close as you can get.

If it's already stripped down to that point, finish the process and lift the body off the frame. Stamped on the top of the frame should be the vin number and that can be uses to figure out it's production date. Congratulation on your find and good luck! I had an exhaust leak (bad gasket) and it was blowing right into the carb. So when I would take it out it seemed as though it was choking out. So I pulled the manifolds and just waiting on the parts to put it all back together.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3tu4vo

Edited by matter (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got all the exhaust system parts to put it all back together, and the bolts that connect the intake to the exhaust manifold snapped, both of them. So I drill out the centers and insert the easy out... Snap! Broke one in each bolt. So now there is hardened steel in the holes... Sigh. Put it on the shelf and called it a night. Sometimes you just have to accept that "stuff happens".

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?g2d3wq