1930 Buick 12 pass bus

Guest bikrbil

YES, THAT IS THE BUS!

Don't know who filmed the video but as you can see by the license plate it is registered in (Southern) Ontario, Canada and is the very bus I posted on your other thread that I knew the owner (Mr Maurice Ricard - now deceased) back in the early 70's and rode this bus along with other Car Club members before it was restored.

I do not know the exact details of the restoration but do remember the very comfortable wicker seats. I also remember the roof had a very distinct drop in the middle which made it look like a sway back horse. I'm sure that was due to age and not a planned design and looks like it was fixed in the video.

I have seen it at a few meets since the restoration but have not come across any of my photos like this video.

How cool is it to see this today and from someone all the way on the West Coast no less?! For this alone you have to love technology and again would suggest (once you come to own yours) that you contact Chatham Coach lines and see if they would share any information on theirs to help you out.

Here again is the very same bus (while not good of the bus) taken from our Club publication back in 1974 when it was owned by Mr. Ricard. Good luck on your purchase. Keep us informed.

Doug.

post-36036-143138811658_thumb.jpg

Very interesting to learn there is another, restored, in existance. It seems it may still be in Canada, but it will need some more information to track down. I think Flixible hearses and ambulances are well know to the BCA, but these early buses are not.

John

So now there are two. Thanks to Jeff for finding this article. bikrbil now has a source of reference. I would hope someone in the BCA in Michigan (as it was show there in 2006) could chime-in with some more info. Could to see they have the history on this one. a early Flixible exxpert is needed, also.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Pepcak,

do you have any idea where that photo was taken. It looks like the car was under repair. I think it was a regular vehicle with the Goodyear being only a "trailer" and this was having rear end work, wsith rather crude "stand" to support the rear. Would it not be nice to find one of these?

John

Guest 1922 Buick

Hi John,

You and others may find this link of interest. Flxible Company, Flxible Coach, Buick Flxible, Clipper, Hearse, Ambulance, Flxible bus, Flexible Side Car Co., Flxible-Southern Corp. - CoachBuilt.com

In addition, I found this picture also, scroll down to 1929 Mayflower. http://www.sail1620.org/history/commemorations/78-mayflower-namesakes.html

Maybe someone can contact the Lighter-Than-Air Society for a clearer picture. Photo courtesy Lighter-Than-Air Society Library.

1922 Buick

Jeff Kearney

Edited by 1922 Buick (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 4ACESAAAA

LOOKS GREAT! I'M IN PROCESS OF RESTORING MY 37' "WHITE" YELLOWSTONE TOUR BUS. IT IS A LARGE PROJECT ALSO, BUT WELL WORTH THE EFFORT. GOOD LUCK

• 6 months later...
Guest bikrbil

As far as I know the guy still has the bus. He would not budge on 25K and I am not comfortable over 18. knowing as little about bus values as I do. I will take a drive on Saturday and see if he still has it.

This would be the kind of project you'd have to do for love, not money. Though the bus is very rare, it's finished value may not reflect the restoration costs, so I too think that 25k is too high for the work it needs. Being rare, doesn't automatically make something valuable, in my opinion anyway.

I would love to see you get this bus for a fair price, so that you can restore it, so good luck on your drive!

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the pun but this is "wicker" cool.

The engine maybe a 320. My '41 engine valve cover is straight across the top. This one seems to bump up in front of the air breather.

The carbs look to be carters.

Durant,

As you seem fairly new to the forum, welcome. As the original poster also has a small number of posts, I suggest you go to first post and click on his name. There you can either send a PM or e-mail, via the forum. Becuase he does not post a lot, I suggest the e-mail as a better means. Ask him if he will share the info, as that seems your only chance at this time. Good luck.

John

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...