Replacement for this early insulating material ?

JoelsBuicks

The pic below shows some sort of electrical insulation board used inside the parking lights of the '36. It's about 1/8" thick. I'm sure there is a suitable and similar replacement material being made, I just have no idea what it would be called.

I will be converting these lights to include turn signals. This will mean drilling out this riveted assembly and then replacing with something similar but with two conductors. Or, maybe I'll just drill another hole through the pot metal and put on heat shrink tubing to protect the new wires.

Any tips or experience with this out there? Thanks for you help!

post-55940-143138797218_thumb.jpg

As always ...........McMaster-Carr. They sell it in all grades by the square ft. Pretty sure I have a few square feet laying around. If you need a "small" piece give me a size and it's yours for the postage. I'll even mill the edges square............Bob

Bob, sorry about that, I did learn once again that for some reason, I cannot post with a Blackberry. I very much appreciate the kind offer and I can get you dimensions when I get back this weekend. I will be modifying the size from original so as to pass two wires through. I will PM you with a sketch.

Thanks again,

Joel

Bob, sorry about that, I did learn once again that for some reason, I cannot post with a Blackberry. I very much appreciate the kind offer and I can get you dimensions when I get back this weekend. I will be modifying the size from original so as to pass two wires through. I will PM you with a sketch.

Thanks again,

Joel

Not a problem, Joel. Rather than PM use EMail...... bhigdog1@ptd.net