Sign in to follow this  
414TATA

Other 1941 Owners.

Just curious how many other 1941 Buick owners here on this site.

Me 1941 Super 51

All original. Just turned 24K on the odometer. Man are these old Buicks fun.:)

Wayne

post-78086-143138797022_thumb.jpg

I have a super 56s my dad bought it in 1954 he was the second owner, has 76000 actual miles I love driving this car.

I have a Canadian (McLaughlin) built 1941 Roadmaster coupe, same as a US 76S.

Nearly back on the road after a very long hiatus.

Keith

Matt,

I am responsible for "finding" two more 41 Buicks that are in the hands of forum participants.... Thriller is one, along with one of my local buddies Mark K. is the other....

I have a 41 Super 4 door sedan. I had, but sold my 1941 Century 4 door sedan. Both fun cars

As Mr. Shaw pointed out I have '41 super model 51, stock running gear, slightly modified body.

Mine is a 56C. Bone stock and 75% original, 38K miles. Only had it for 2 years and love driving the wheels off it.

I have a Special 46S, compound carbs. I bought the car 2 years ago in South Dakota and ship it to the Netherlands.

Till now I never drive the car, it needs a complete body off restoration.

I working now 2 years on it and when everyting is going OK then after winter time I drive to the technical inspection to become licence plates.

Bert

Buick 46S `41

Buick Riviera `71

Chevy C10 `74

I have a 41 Limited, seen under 'ME and MY BUICK'. "41 Limited custom, still building".

It is up and running, just have the windshield out at present.

Love my car, Love YOURS TOOOOOOOO!

Dale in Indy

1946 Road Master just purchased, driver, stock.

As my name states, I have a 1941 56C. What a beauty. Clutch is geeting weak and needs to be replaced. Already have the parts. It backfires when coasting. Not sure why. Pulling oxygen in from the exhaust system? It needs to get a new roof as well at some point. And, the vacuum mechanism to pull the roof up and down is not working properly. It has some pull but not enough to dod the job.

Fun!

Best,

Jan

Vacuum leak around your intake manifold? Cracked vacuum line?

Cheers

Grant

Thanks Grant - will have to have it checked out.

Best,

jan

hi i have a 41 , sedanette 46s. but has single carb, iv done alot of work on it up to now but still a way to go .. its been stood forty years so its not going to be perfect but ill get use out of it.. she is two tone silver/grey at the moment but i will be re doing the paint in burgundy/maroon at the end of summer come winter.. im on the look out for a front and rear bumper as some one as fitted 38 buick bumpers to her for some reason.. hope u dont mind me messaging you.. nice to be part of the 41 club

Here is a recent shot of my '41, not quite complete, but nearly there. Colour is Royal Maroon.

Keith

post-77136-1431389600_thumb.jpg

hi your buick looks good.. wish mine was this colour instead of the two tone silver, but guess that can be changed at the end of this season.. thanks for the pic.. kev:)

Jan,

A quick and easy way to check for intake manifold leaks is to spray WD-40 or starter fluid around the carb & intake flanges while the engine is warm and running at idle. If it speeds up, you found the leak.

I haven't looked at this thread for a while, so here's an update on mine. I've had my '41 Roadmaster on the road for about a year now, and I'm loving it! The interior is not yet fully in, but hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ready to install. I've put about 1,500 miles on it so far, and though I had a few "teething" troubles, it's been fun to drive.

About a month ago, my wife and I were going to a local cruise night, and it started running very bad, and then I smelled gas. So I stopped and opened to hood, and a stream of gas was shooting out of a small hole at the top of the rear carb. As soon as the fuel pressure went down, it stopped though. I let it cool off, and determined that the rear carb was completely full of gas, so I cut a small piece of gasket material to block the gas line into the back carb, and drove home on the front one.

What happened was one of the floats got a leak and filled with gas, so the needle valve never closed, and just kept filling the bowl up. Fortunately, I had a spare float, and all is now well again!

Keith