What Kind Of Car Is This ???

redreattaruss

Guest Jim_Edwards

Well, I was wrong! It is a 1936 Studebaker Dictator Coupe. Headlight mountings for '37 are not on fenders like the '36.

Rear window for '36 and '37 coupes were identical.

1936_Studebaker_Dictator_coupe.jpg

Guest 1957_Buick_Roadmaster_75

I do stand corrected :eek: I did not see the headlight mount to the fenders. such a small thing makes such a big difference... LOL :rolleyes:

Guest Jim_Edwards

One has to wonder how in less than ten years following WWII how all the car makers that eventually became American Motors could have messed up so badly in a market with a pent up demand that should have carried all of them safely into the late 1950s. Under styling, over styling, and failure to see the horsepower race was about to begin are the only explanations as all were more than capable of building good cars.

One has to wonder how in less than ten years following WWII how all the car makers that eventually became American Motors could have messed up so badly in a market with a pent up demand that should have carried all of them safely into the late 1950s. Under styling, over styling, and failure to see the horsepower race was about to begin are the only explanations as all were more than capable of building good cars.

You aren't suggesting that Studebaker became part of American Motors, are you? They did not.

Guest Jim_Edwards
You aren't suggesting that Studebaker became part of American Motors, are you? They did not.

I should have said American Motors and Studebaker-Packard given the thread was about identifying a car that turned out to be a Studebaker. Unfortunately the outcome for both was the same, it just took AMC a bit longer.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...