1939 buick rebuild in Wisconsin

Guest lunchbox_xx

Well took diff apart and it says 39:10 so 3.9 gears so let me if any one wants its a

Thanks

Jamie

I have parts stored near Flint, MI :- will send you an email

Shipping the complete diff housing with torque tube is a problem

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest lunchbox_xx

i have more pics of the diff and the diff cover but they are to big for the forum if you want the pics email me and i can send you the pics with normal email. and everything else is for sale you pay for shipping and I will sell for good pice im not trying to get rich just help get the car back up on the road.

thanks

Jamie

• 5 weeks later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Well i guess i should tell everyone but the frame and body are apart and frame is almost ready for sandblasting.

If anyone wants the rearend with the gears im asking 250.00plus you pay for the shipping let me kmow

Guest lunchbox_xx

Thats what i was thinkin but was hopeing to find one out there ready to go mine is trashed and not fix able but i might just have to fix it thanks Grant

Guest Grant Magrath

I haven't checked for a while, but Chevs of the 40's sometimes have some interesting stuff in 12v. Might be worth a look?

Cheers

Grant

Coming along Jamie,

Did you just get a few blokes to lift the body off ???

I've had to lift my body on and off a few times and didn't always have the extra hands around when I wanted to do it.

I made a lifting jig with a cheapo winch from ebay. This made it an easy 1 man job.

I lift the body up enough to slide the chassis away from under it, the wheels are on dollies.

Hopefully, next time I sit the body back on it will be there for good.

You seem to have plenty of floor space which is always a good thing.

Will you be sandblasting the chassis yourself ??

Danny

post-37069-143139307197_thumb.jpg

post-37069-143139307208_thumb.jpg

Just happened to run onto this, and was wondering if you may have the driver door panel with worn upholstery, and if so, so you want to part with it. I am in need of a used panel for a car that I'm putting back together, and I want it to match the rest of the car. Thanks, Paul

Guest lunchbox_xx

Danny

We just used jakes to lift it off and used jake stands under the body now. And 42 buick crazy i woukd have to look i think i tossed them out already or i might have them around to help with cuting out new ones to the doors. Danny i hope to be sand blasting this comeing weekend with the help of my buddy so ill get more pics of when it gets blasted and then painted right a way.

Guest lunchbox_xx

Danny

That is really neat idea you ha e for takeing your body off i know before i put the frame back under ill have the brake lines and the fuel lines ran so i hope not to have to take the body off again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Danny

Yes there are polly bushings in front and the truck arms have them also.

Well its comeing along but along road ahead of us to so im sure it will be on the road by this spring but it will never be done.

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Thanks Grant the motor is wired and so is the car but forgot to take pics of that. The radiator should be here this week and then pull the motor back out and take it apart and reseal it and check it to make sure its good to go.

• 7 months later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Well just wanted to say hi to everyone and yes im still alive and working on the 39 i hope to hear it runing for the frist time in two years this weekend or monday night at the shop i will try to get pics up or up load a video to my you tube page hope everyone is doing well keep fingers crossed and maybe by monday might habe good news on the 39 talk to you all later

Guest lunchbox_xx

Grant

I will do my best it is all up to my buddy thats helping me i have to work all weekend and he was going work on the rest of the fuel lines and return lines and hope to fire it up i really hope he waits till monday night so i can be there and i will video tape it

Cheers

Jamie

Guest lunchbox_xx

Well everyone the 39 fired up today and is on face book under 39 buicks or on my face book its not under my youtube because i was not there stuck at work for the weekend i know sucks to be me lol so hope to have on the road monday night if not raining i hope thanks everyone that has been watching and waiting with me

• 4 months later...
Guest lunchbox_xx

Well its 2-8-2014 and with this cold winter nothing was done on my 39 she is sitting in a storage unit with the door packed with snow. No real big plans this year just get the radio workin and driving and injoying the 39 then maybe next fall worrie about paint and the rest of the body work.

Well talk to everyone later in spring