Sign in to follow this  
newstew

HELP I need a 3inch by 16 thread HUB PULLER

I ended up having one made for our '24 Special Six touring car. I had a machine shop make the 'doughnut' with the interior threads then we welded a section of square tubing (Class III hitch material) with a long bolt inside it. Works great to remove the rear wheels.

Dave

Look at this link on the AACA forum: http://forums.aaca.org/f120/rear-wheel-removal-how-292559-2.html

scroll down to response 23; 26 & 28 for details on how to build the tool you will need, there are not many on a shelf anywhere to acquire. The hub gripping clamp I had made is illustrated and photos of the pulling tool arrangement with adapters is shown.

I attached two photos here that illustrate what it took to pull the rear hubs on my 1928 Studebaker Commander with wood spoke wheels.

STude8

post-31139-143138800369_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143138800378_thumb.jpg

Lets see if a micro soft word file can be attached with the detailed drawing of the Studebaker hub puller tool it will outline what you need except you ask for a 3" tool and the Studebaker hub threads are 2-3/4".

*Sorry, AACA forum says it is "Invalid Format File", email me at studeracer_37@yahoo.com and I can email it direct to your station.

Stude8