Part numbers needed for rearend?

Guest cadaber

Guest cadaber

Thought I would once again reach out to the experts and ask if anyone already has the part numbers for the seals and bearings for a rearend on a 34 Dodge Sedan DR Model?

Dropped off the rearend this morning and the guy said he may need my help finding parts. This is the oldest one he's worked on thus far.

Any help you guys can offer would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

Some Dodge models used the same mechanical parts as Plymouth. Not sure if that is true for your DR or not but here are some numbers for Plymouth. If you have a Dodge parts book you can see if the Chrysler part number for the various bearings and seals match those for the same era Plymouth: Plymouth Parts Interchange: Group 3 — Axle — Rear

Guest cadaber

Thanks Ply33...should I just take the old parts in and just try to cross ref them at Napa with the numbers you have?

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is the list from Hagan's in WA. Does anyone know if this list might be accurate?

Numbers don't match up with Plymouth, but it does note there that its a 117" wheel base which is quite a bit bigger car than Plymouth for that year. I know that in later years when there was a long wheel base Plymouth that the brakes and axle parts were general different for that than for other Plymouths.

Which seals and bearings, I can look it up in the Dodge DR book

Take 1930 up on his offer. You can take a lot of those old Chrysler numbers from the original parts books and put them into the NAPA Online web site with "Interchange" checked and an amazing number of them come up with the modern replacement part numbers.

Guest cadaber

1930...I don't know the "proper names" for each component, however, I am having them replace everything so it doesnt leak. I want to replace all the bearings and seals on the entire rearend. If you can help out...that would be great.

I retrieved some part numbers earler from Hagan's Automotive site, but I have no way of knowing if they are correct. Any info you can offer would be great.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Hopefully this helps, book is in pretty bad shape, hope its clear but if not I can try and clear it up

Click on it once and then give it a second and you will see a deelio pop up in lower right corner, click on that and it becomes crystal

post-48869-143138795041_thumb.jpg

Guest cadaber

1930....thank you very much!!! Its really clear. Since its the part numbers from 34, do you think shops can just cross ref the number? I've never tried to buy any parts for this car from a parts store yet, so I have no clue what to expect.

Thanks again,

Mark

I would take Ply33 advice and try Napa. If that does not work than the answer would be to use the numbers and cross referance with an interchange manual or find the manual with the numbers that would supercede the numbers.

The numbers are avail as well as the parts, its just may take a little more or alot more effort

I have had great luck taking seals and bearings to Kaman bearing. There should be a local Kaman bearing in a city near you. Also, there should be an industrial supplier of seals and packings, again, in a city near you. These places will measure the bearing and seal and find a current replacement. Now, this wont be a Chrysler or DB, but they will function as a new seal. I have also found this to be a fraction of the cost of the auto parts stores. Not sure this fits with pure, original restoration, but it will hold the fluids in. And in most cases, will never be seen.