January 2012 Western New York

60FlatTop

January 7th in the wilds of western New York between Rochester and Buffalo, a nice sunny snow free 80 mile ride in the '60 Electra. Visited the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge then lunch at the convenience store at Rt 63 & 31A. What a day!

Bernie

006.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Guest shorttimer

Here in SoCal we have also been fortunate enough to have '60 Buick weather for the last few days. Traffic, however, remains unchanged.

post-37076-143138794287_thumb.jpg

shorttimer,

I remember a few trips to Pomona in the late 1980's when I had to fix a broken cogeneration plant. I remember the traffic! When I say I am from New York it is hard for people to realize that I see more cows and trees than buildings.

I also remember how hard it was to find a nice little diner. One Saturday I was thrilled to find a nice place on a corner in downtown Brea. After a great breakfast I headed back to Pomona somewhat aimlessly. I drove through hills with big nurseries of palms and the like. When I came out of the hills I was driving down a really neat tree lined road. I thought I was going someplace special until I read a sign that said "You are now entering the Chino Men's Correctional Facility". Whoa!!! I turned around and found Pomona quickly.

Bernie

Yes awesome weather in this area of the country compared to the past couple years especially. Really rare to see land without snow in that neck of the woods.

Nice you could get out for a spin. Thats some fancy eat'n. :D Holy cow I couldn't help but notice how many pieces of pepperoni are on that one piece of pizza.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shorttimer

Guess I'm a little slow with the follow up, but yes, its pretty easy to get lost in Chino and wind up at one of the prisons.

Carbon Canyon Road will take you from Brea to Chino, and one right (or wrong) turn will have you at the prison's gate. I'm in homebuilding and, believe it or not, we've built and sold a lot of homes in Chino over the years. Go figure.

Anyway, hope your weather is still conducive to getting the Buicks out. The rain of the past two weeks dried up and I was lucky enough to get a fair amount of windshield time in the Invicta (and some pictures) over the weekend. Now if only I could find a local source for $1.11 pepperoni slices....

James

post-37076-143138817301_thumb.jpg