Sign in to follow this  
MontanaKeller

Pressure Test on a Roto Hydramatic Model 5

Where do I connect the pressure gauge to this tranny. I am looking at the original service manual, but it does not indicate the location. This is in my '62 Olds F-85. I know that there is some pressure but not to specs. Thanks again.

Does anyone know where a TV adjustment tool can be found for the Model 5? I saw the tread for the Model 10. In the service manual, the tool is a BT 33-1. I have check all over the web and did not find a lead. Nobody in NW Montana wants to work on this tranny.

Bill Sawrey in TN often has those old Burroughs Tools, but I have lost his contact info. A web search may find him.

You'll find hardly anybody anywhere wants to work on a Roto. I wish I knew what about a RotoHydraMatic terrifies a transmission guy so.

Dave Holt (dlh61olds) made up some R10 TV adjustment gages a couple years back. Is the tool the same?

Bill Sawrey in TN often has those old Burroughs Tools, but I have lost his contact info. A web search may find him.

You'll find hardly anybody anywhere wants to work on a Roto. I wish I knew what about a RotoHydraMatic terrifies a transmission guy so.

Dave Holt (dlh61olds) made up some R10 TV adjustment gages a couple years back. Is the tool the same?

I am not sure if the R10 tool would work. I know that the R10 is larger than the R5 and the tool number is different. However, that does not mean it would not work. I hope that Bill in TN will have one.

Share his contact info with us? :) Think he went by oldtoolzman or something like that.

You got the tools coming, now the tranny guy has no excuse to be skeert of a SlimJim!:P