NOS rebuild kits with rubber parts?

stealthbob

Having difficulty finding a modern kit to rebuild my Power Brake Master Cylinder, everything is for the manual. This is for my 1954 Buick Roadmaster.

I did find one kit, expensive and NOS???

Thoughts on using 30-50 year old o-rings?

Other good options other than shopping out the whole job? The part is in great shape so it should not take much to rebuild. Primarily I just need to disassemble it, have the booster Cad Plated and the master cleaned up for powder coating.

Yea...I really had no plans on using 50 year old rubber, just more curious on why they are even for sale.

On sites like ebay, yes. These folks will sell anything to anyone. Hobby sites like this one and others, no if at all.

That, in my opinion is the answer.

But to contribute something to you worthwhile. Most rubber rings, gaskets etc can be sourced out new from producers of these products. Of course you will have to mic out the overall needed dimensions and go on a heated search on the internet, but it can be done, one piece at a time. These parts are made for any number of applications. Some firms will even make them for you. Perhaps at the end of this quest, you may be the "source" to others for the needed parts to properly and safely rebuild a 1954 Master Cylinder and Power Assist unit.