1931 Chrysler Roadster model identification.

Guest Executivekev

Guest Executivekev

The other Chrysler I am restoring is a 1931 Chrysler CM 8 Roadster I believe.

The owner thinks it is a CG imperial roadster which looks very similar.

Upon research I also came across a CD deluxe roadster which also looks the same.

Any help on how to determine what the exact model is would be greatly appreciated. I do have pictures.

• 1 year later...
Guest JG8424
It could be a CM6, CD8 or CG8. The serial number should determine what it is. If you send some photos to me, I may be able to I.D. it for you. John

keiser31@charter.net

Can you tell me where a serial number or chasis number or whatever number that identifies a 1931 Chrysler might be located on the car. We have a 31 in the family that I may be bringing to my place. It is in need of restoration and I would like to identify exactly what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JG

Can you tell me where a serial number or chasis number or whatever number that identifies a 1931 Chrysler might be located on the car. We have a 31 in the family that I may be bringing to my place. It is in need of restoration and I would like to identify exactly what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JG

Take a look at the 'A' pillar on the passenger side of the car. There should be a plate attached with a number. It may also be located on the frame (faintly stamped) just above the rear mount on the front passenger side springs. Here is what the plate should look like....

Send me some photos if you like and we can probably tell you what you have. John

keiser31@charter.net

post-37352-143141803982_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141803985_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Take a look at the 'A' pillar on the passenger side of the car. There should be a plate attached with a number. It may also be located on the frame (faintly stamped) just above the rear mount on the front passenger side springs. Here is what the plate should look like....

Send me some photos if you like and we can probably tell you what you have. John

keiser31@charter.net

If you enter the number you find into the "calculator" on my site, it will tell you the engineering code, manufacturing plant, etc.

Plymouth First Decade: Where is the VIN?

Guest JG8424

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I didn't open the passenger door so I missed it, if it's still there. I will try to get some pics but it will be a month or two before I see it again. Ply33, I will definatly check out the "calculator" on your site.

I am a Pantera guy, so an old Chrysler is going to be a new project for me. It has no top, two door and rumble seat. It was running when parked but has been parked many? years.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I didn't open the passenger door so I missed it, if it's still there. I will try to get some pics but it will be a month or two before I see it again. Ply33, I will definatly check out the "calculator" on your site.

I am a Pantera guy, so an old Chrysler is going to be a new project for me. It has no top, two door and rumble seat. It was running when parked but has been parked many? years.

1931 Chrysler rumble seat coupe should look similar to or pretty much like these. These are examples of the 6 and 8 cylinder cars....

post-37352-143141804045_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804047_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804048_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804049_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314180405_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314180406_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804062_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804063_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804064_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804068_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141804072_thumb.jpg

Guest JG8424

Nice pics, thanks. This one is not a hard top. Like the tan one pictured below, it has no provisions to carry a spare on the fromt fender.

Nice pics, thanks. This one is not a hard top. Like the tan one pictured below, it has no provisions to carry a spare on the fromt fender.

So sorry I misread the post. It must be the roadster version....

post-37352-143141804501_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest JG8424

keiser31@charter.net

I finally got back to the car and got a look at the S/N. It is 7501361. Any ideas from that as to what the car is? I got a few bad pics and can post them tomorrow. I'm still trying to get over the bee stings I received while getting the pictures. Thanks, Joe

• 6 years later...