1940 Buick Sidemounts - Pictures needed

koss

Happy New Year to Everybody!

As I want to add side mounts onto my 1940 Buick Coupe, please help me with detailed pictures of the sidemounts from top to bottom and also mounting hardware and if possible with dimensions.

Will deeply appreciate your help!

p.s. I have original sidemounts covers, the rest i will do by myself

Good note Ben, i am talking about 40 series.

Grant, I always try to use search first, and than to post the question. And sure I checked this our, and find a number of posts, but but somehow no pics.

Anyway, I will try to search again, but if someone have these pictures, still appreciate.

Not a coupe but a very pretty roadster:

Collector Car Productions

But there's a coupe here:

1940 Buick Business Coupe, 2 Door

The Buick, A Complete History, has a picture of a 1940 model 41C phaeton & 1940 Limited phaeton, both with sidemounts (page 430) so you can see the difference. However, the roadster pictures in the first link are better than the book.

No fine detail like you seek though.

Dear Terry, thank you for your links, i met them some time earlier... the pics i am looking are detailed pics of the space between the spare wheel and the engine wall. and the picture of the inner space of the fender to see the how the wheel recess mounted to (supported by) frame, and how it linked to the fender wall.

I'm sure there are heaps of pics on the forum as I recall this subject coming up before. Try using search and see what you can find!

Cheers

Grant

Dear Grant, if you know these topics with the pictures can you please give me a direct link, as i cannot find any of them.

Guys, does anyone have 1940, 40 series with side mounts?

Can anybody take some pictures for me, please! I would do this by myself if I would live in the country of Buick, but I am from LADA country. =)))

Koss,

Check out the thread "Spare tire Fender mounts????" on November 9, 2009. OLBUICK replied that he has a '38 Special (series 40) with sidemounts. Maybe you can PM him for some details and pictures. Although it is not a '40, it is going to be very similar if not the same set up.

Good Luck, John V.

My friend made brackets for his 1940-40series coupe to mount sidemounts and didn't end up using them,becuz he bought originals. He gave them to me for helping him with his car(near 80 yrs and doesn't climb under too well anymore),anyways I think I can send pics of originals or these copies, let me know. Kinda heavy, but copies available if you pay for shipping charges, if that seems more attractive alternative than design and build youself. Contact if you like. Mine are Super and Roadie so no use for sidemounts.