1940 Local Delivered Prices Poster

Guest shorttimer

Guest shorttimer

While doing some work in my mother's basement over the long weekend, I 'rediscovered' a piece my late father picked up somewhere over the years. It is a pricing board for the 1940 model year cars, although strangely it does not include several models. I thought it was interesting, so I took a couple of pictures and thought I would share it here.

With the frame it is about 3' x 4'. The surface itself is an untreated paper, so I'm not sure if it was intended to be marked up once to show the dealer's as-configured prices for each model, or if you could easily erase the total prices each time you worked up a new car configuration. Although not easily visible here, there are base prices shown under the black paint in each of the first three columns.

post-37076-143138786701_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138786707_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138786712_thumb.jpg

post-37076-143138786717_thumb.jpg

Guest shorttimer

I figured it was sort of an oddball piece and thought it wouldn't hurt to toss a few pictures up online. Being able to share items like these are one of the best things about this forum.

Guest 40 Buick 51c

It looks like the missing models are the Super and Roadmaster convertibles and that would be because they didn't come out until mid year. Great piece!