Germany ebay AMC Rambler

Yep. That's one body style (station wagon) that was pretty popular in 1958. Looks to be a Rebel with the V8 engine judging by the side moldings. AMC made 1782 wagons in the Super Line and 3101 wagons in the Custom Line (top of the line). I have some NOS tail light lenses for that car if the buyer wants them. Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I think AMC had their European assembly plant in Belgium by then. It may have been run by Renault, as it was in the 1960s. Incidentally, as the British authorities reputedly refused to acknowledge 'AMC' as a company name, the British importers were Rambler Motors Ltd until the end. I'll look when I can to see if any of those wagons were at the '58 London Motor Show.

• 5 months later...
I happen to be surfing the German ebay site for old cars and came across this 1958 AMC Rambler Rebel. I've never seen anything like it. Did we sell this same body style in the USA? Doug

I would bet that Rambler was owned by someone in the military originally. Rambler had a very strong sales arm in Germany in the 50's and 60's. My dad was tranfered to Germany in 1956 and we took our 1955 Pontiac with us. My dad traded it in on a 1959 Rambler Station Wagon in Germany and we brought it home with us. The Pontiac stayed in Germany. Military personnel left a lot of American cars in Europe after their tour was over. Trading them for either another American made car or a Mercedes-Benz, DKW, Volkswagon, Volvo, etc.