centurion

Guest texgent111

Guest texgent111

When I bought my 1973 buick centrion 455 convertible it had a leaf type bezel around the trunk lid key ring. It has broke does anyone know if this bezel was a factory buick item or if maybe it was from another make or year? or maybe after market? Thank very much any information would be appreciated.

Guest my3buicks

There should just be a round flip lock cover over the keyhole - there is a Centurion helmit under a layer of clear on the cover. These easily weathered and fogged up until you could not longer see the helmit. They can be emery sanded back to look decent.

Nice ones are near impossible to find and the last NOS one that went on eBay was around $500.

Sounds like someone stuck a Cadillac Crest around yours.

post-30591-143138785652_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143138785732_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest texgent111

Thanks Keith. I really appreciate your help.

Could you mind telling me what model that cadilac is in your pictures. That looks like the emblem off of my car. It looks like a 73-76? Is it an Eldorado or another model? Do you know where i might find this part?

Guest my3buicks

My 2nd post to you seems to have vanished - The Cadillac pictured is a 73 Eldorado - Cadillac used this Crest in a multitude of similar applications for many years - you could keep an eye on Ebay for a replacement and have no trouble finding one, or you could toss the Crest idea and keep it as Buick built it LOL.

You may also enjoy and find a lot of help at the Centurion Forum Centurion Registry Forum

a ton of Centurion owners with a lot of collective knowledge.