Compatible radio w/steering wheel controls?

Reatta Man

Hello, gang! Happy new year!

I now have a mint 2002 Park Avenue, and I would like to upgrade the radio. Does anyone know of an aftermarket (or newer GM/Delco/Delphi) radio with bluetooth and navigation that is compatible with the steering wheel radio controls?

Has anyone installed a radio like this and gotten it to work with the steering wheel controls? Thanks for any help!

Joe

Guest Jim_Edwards
Hello, gang! Happy new year!

I now have a mint 2002 Park Avenue, and I would like to upgrade the radio. Does anyone know of an aftermarket (or newer GM/Delco/Delphi) radio with bluetooth and navigation that is compatible with the steering wheel radio controls?

Has anyone installed a radio like this and gotten it to work with the steering wheel controls? Thanks for any help!

Joe

You might check out the offerings from Kenwood. I just put one of their radios in my '78 Lincoln Town Car. I was specifically after a radio that would read directories on a USB drive and supported adding HD and Satellite radio should I ever want either. Their products were the only ones I could find that would read directories on a memory stick/USB drive. I do know it was also setup for Bluetooth. Without going to the manual for it I'm not sure the specific model has wiring for steering wheel controls since that was not an issue for me. I do know the model I have puts out a very decent sound quality over the car's existing factory installed speaker system and has the output power to blow the cones right out of the speakers.

Guest Jim_Edwards

Adding to my reply above, according to the manual that came with my radio Kenwood has an adapter available for steering wheel control circuits.

FYI, the model I have is a KDC-X494, which is now obsolete. I bought a refurbished unit because I'm a cheap bastard.:D The replacement in their product line up is in the 600 series I believe.