1936 window?

Guest nagene

Guest nagene

HI I have a 1936 Buick 90L . I would like to know what you call the windows that crank in and out where the passenges sit in the back seat. thanks for any input. they look like vent windows.

Guest nagene

Thanks for the input. By any chance do you know where i can buy two of them one for each side. I took mine to the chrome plater to get replated, the plating Company burned down.

Guest Grant Magrath

Do you still have the frames? You could make patterns and get the glass cut at your local auto glass shop.Had to do that with nearly all the glass on the coupe.

Cheers

Grant

Guest nagene

Hi

I lost the chrome frame around the glass . I hace every thing else. I had the glass cut to size, then took the frames in to have chrome plated . Plating co. burned down. thanks for the input.

There is a seller up in MN with 2 1936 senior Buicks. One is a Canadian Limited, the other a Roadmaster sedan. Between the two I am sure he has what you need. I may need 1-2 of what he has. I think I have both of mine but will have to check. (Mine is a 36 series 80 sedan, basket case)

Guest outlaw car man

would a 1933 90 frame work ? They are about 4 " longer then the standard model. If you can find sizes I might have one.

I wonder if a parts exchange book would help? I've seen very similar or identical rear vent windows on other GM cars. A good example is one from a Pontiac shown in Ebay Listing 120740460354. This seller is in MN. I don't know that it fits but it looks close enough to inquire, but if I recall correctly, my Sr. 40 has these but they are not as tall.

Too bad you couldn't go sifting the ruins to see if they made it - they are steel, not pot metal.

Wish I could be more help,

Joel

Guest nagene

I want to thank every for the input for my problem.

1930 Model A Ford roadster

1930 Model A Ford Coupe

1930 Model A Ford Tudor

1965 Ford Econoline Pickup

1936 Buick 90L

1970 Ford F100 Ford pickup