1948 International Pickups ( 2)

First time listed: My Uncle is selling his two 1948 International Pickups, one a Model KB1 the other a Model KB2. Both are restoration projects in need of completion. The KB1 has a rolling frame minus the engine. Sounds like there is no engine but I may have that wrong. The cab and bed are off the frame. The cab is ready to go back on, the bed needs work.

The KB2 is more complete. It runs and drives and has had the cab mostly restored. It is a 31,000 mile truck from a Pennsylvania Parks Department. The truck need bed work and paint and final reassembly.

The two trucks, and additional parts to make at least one complete truck, are for sale as a package. They will not be seperated. And the buyer would have to arrange shipping. Asking $4,000 for the package. Vehicles and parts are in one location in central New Jersey. Call 1 908 813 2320.

Pictures will be posted when recieved.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I let my cousin know I put this here and he provided additional detail. Before I post that I note there are no pics at this time, and due to health reasons there won't be any pics any time soon. Sorry, but if you have further question, please call my Uncle directly @ 908 813 2320. I live about 5 hours away from these two and don't have further details.

From my cousin

At the present time either one of us are able to move things around to take digital pictures. He is waiting to hear from the orthopedic surgeon for surgery on his knee and I'm on crutches. I'm not sure what he explained to you about the trucks but the KB2 is a rolling frame. It was originally a PA. parks truck. with I believe approximately 20 K miles on it. It was a complete truck however it was stored outside. We completely broke it down and got the motor running. It is the original motor and has not been rebuilt. As for the frame he scraped it and painted it I believe it needs shocks. The cab is 98% restored and ready for paint. The doors to the cab are approximately 90% ready for paint. The fenders, inner and outer, grill and hood are all in very good condition and will not take much work to get them ready for paint. The bed and tailgate need work. He actually has a good chunk of change into it. Unfortunately he took this project on too late in life, he has run out of steam and $$$. The other truck has no drive train and no bed he cut the top off the cab to repair the cab for the KB2 so that truck is sitting outside on the frame. All the body parts for both trucks are stored inside my barn out of the weather. If there is someone interested in it we would like make a deal for the entire lot.. We are trying to avoid having to sell it piece meal. Hopefully in the spring Marie and I will be putting the farm up for sale. The barn has an auto shop equipped with an Eagle 9000 LB hydraulic lift it also has it's on heating system. The barn lends itself to almost any kind of application one could choose. It also has a large industrial compressor I took out of a building In NYC. The compressor is on the 2nd floor and I piped lines throughout the shop areas. Any way we appreciate any help.

More :

No the KB2 is not together, as I said the frame and drive train are together however all the body parts are in my barn. The cab and doors are in prime. The grill he painted. There is an original dark green color which is what he was planning to use. The hood, front fenders, inner fenders are still the original paint. I refurbished one running board but the other running board needs the same treatment. The rear fenders need a little work. The bed and tail gate need help, they will require some welding and body work.. He has a lot of parts for this truck. As I said he has a bit of money invested in this project.

Still More, for those thinking of home ownership in NJ:

As for the farm I already explained the barn's amenities. The house is a bi-level with 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths, country style kitchen, living room,,and family room with a fire place and wood burning stove. The house has hard wood floors except for the family room which has a tile floor. The kitchen has oak cabinets and Corrian counter tops. Jen- Air cook tops and double wall oven and a built in Sub Zero refrigerator / freezer. Oil fired hot water heat and central air. Also a house fan. Vinyl siding and upgraded windows and front door. Deck across the entire back of the house. No basement but there is an attic. There is a 20' X 40' built in pool and pool house. We have 12.3 acres with fenced in pasture and 670' of road frontage. It is farm assessed and is sub dividable. Lots of wooded area with plenty of fire wood available. Hunters delight. Deer, turkey, bear etc. This area is also riddled with streams for the fisherman. There is state land across the street from the barn. The original section of the barn is approximately 170 to 200 years old with hand hewn beams and a slate roof. It has it's own well and 100 Amp electric service and telephone. The barn was constructed as a bank barn with a stone foundation. The lower level has 6 horse stalls. the main level has hay storage. wood working area,auto shop and storage areas. There is a third level for storage with electrical retractable stairs.

I am adding two pictures of a different KB2 so viewers can get a feel for what the truck could look like completed. The truck in the pictures is not the one for sale, and is owned by Bill Ferguson who frequents these pages. Thank you Bill for letting me post your pictures.

Again, this is NOT the truck for sale by my Uncle, but a rendition showing how it may look when completed.

post-31834-143138806965_thumb.jpg

post-31834-14313880698_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)