Peerless For Sale Department

jeff_a

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is current or not -- but here's a straight-eight Peerless for sale. "Part of a large estate, restored, runs." This is a 1930 Peerless Model "A", or "Standard Eight". These have 85 HP Continental engines in them and are 247 Cu. In. Partial restoration in Florida about 5 years ago, went to Washington state, now is in Tennessee. $29,000 or best offer. Previously owned by Pistorius Restorations, Curtis Elkins, Dexter Dotson and Larry Brough.

http://www.collectorcarads.com/Other-Peerless/94165

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

1923 Peerless Model 66 Touring Phaeton. It appears to be in flawless condition. It looks like the one the late Frank Hebl, from Wisconsin, owned.

Listed By: The Boat Brokers & RVs, Inc. in a small town in Arizona....

TOLL FREE:1-800-488-0258
1680 INDUSTRIAL BLVD.
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ 

DSC08775-scaled.jpg

DSC08797-scaled.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 12:45 PM, jeff_a said:

Image result for owls head museum auction 2017 peerless

Photo by kenmojr/FivePrime.org/hiveminer.com/flickr.com

I looked at the Owls Head Transportation Museum site about their auction, and there are 3 photos of the 1928 Peerless -- the first one on this thread, one of it´s Packard hood ornament(1918-19 vintage), and one of the engine. Ralph, whom you met at Hershey, told me it is one of three Peerless Boat Tail Roadsters with Hume bodies(Hume Carriage Co., Boston), the other 2 going to Canada when new. No mention of that in the auction blurb, so add custom body to the list. This outstanding photograph seems to show it with headlights and benefiting from a good detailing. Dave Noran, an owner of a similar car, says only 362 8-69s of all body styles were made in 1928.

P.S.: I haven´t seen the car in person, documentation, or a coachbuilders tag, but this is what Ralph told me in 2015. There definitely was a Hume Carriage Co., doing bodies for Hupmobile, Lincoln, Locomobile, Marmon, Mercedes, and Pierce-Arrow.

>>>> >> The last time this went up for sale it fetched $35,000. I have no idea where it is now.