Gathering Information

Guest Kevin11

Guest Kevin11

I'm searching for companys that purchase/sell antique car collections. This collection is varied. Company contact information is only being received at this time.

You need to give more information. There are different companies that purchase collections at wholesale but it makes a big difference what is in the collection. Mostly prewar Classics would be one kind of vendor. Mostly musclears a whole different set. Condition and quality of the cars is important also.

Why does everyone insist on selling as a collection only? So that a dealer can regergitate it to us at a rediculously inflated profit/price for moving the cars to there location. I've been looking for an Auburn Convertible sedan and have been told half are in the hands of dealers.

Why not give us a chance to buy our dream cars at a reasonable pre dealer price.

Sorry, Just venting after seeing all the colored overpriced full page dealer ads in my latest Hemmings.

I think the majority of cars selling now are just dealers trading back and forth like the stock Market. With every trade the price goes up another 5,000.:mad:

If an seller has the time and inclination to sell 25 cars individually then they are probably better off financially doing that. However, it is a lot of work and many times (estate situations, etc) it makes more sense to sell the lot wholesale to a dealer. If they are well maintained, high end cars, you can commission them all to a an auction, but the logistics of getting 25 cars to a remote spot is also a pain in the rear.

Also, I'm sure you were just venting, but if the dealers were just passing cars between each other the market would collapse pretty quick. They need to make enough to support the business. Creating a "false market" between themselves to jack up prices wouldn't work for long as cars would come out of the woodwork to satisfy the demand and the prices go back down again.

Well time will tell if it's a false Market. There seems to be an awful large stock of cars on the dealers lots/websites right now and I wouldn't call the prices a bargain. More like a fishing contest. The biggest problem is that the rest of the population prices there cars along the dealer prices because that's the first thing they see when they go to the web for comparisons.

I guess I'll just have to wait until the false market comes crashing down. Or somebody actually wants to sell their car to a collector rather than a dealer.

I know there are a couple of Auburns on ebay right now or very recently that have been run through so many times and not sold that the dealers are going to have to rethink their strategy. Twice a month atlest for the last 2-3 months.

You don't need to look at only the dealers' cars to see overpriced vehicles. There seems to be enough of them that show up right here. I think that is because, as you state, that "the rest of the population prices there cars along the dealer prices because that's the first thing they see when they go to the web for comparisons" or there are people selling cars on this site that THINK they are dealers. Check out some of the vehicles that have responses of BTT.