Merry Christmas / Happy New Year from Switzerland

Guest Rami

I'm often at this board and when i had a question i always received answers within a very short time. Thank you very much for your very kind assistance which i appreciate a lot.

post-77289-143138775347_thumb.jpg

Was für eine Überraschung, Rod, Du schreibst ja feinstes Deutsch :-) ...Guter Rutsch ist eher ein Ausdruck, den wir hier in der Schweiz verwenden. In Deutschen und Oesterreich ist das weniger üblich, wenn ich richtig informiert bin.

Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Ruedi

Guest danceswithpumps

Lieber Ruedi.

Danke vielmals für die nette Wörter und Info über "ein guter Rutsch". :) Sehr interresant! Das habe ich nicht gewusst. Wo, in der Schweiz, wohnen Sie? Ich habe zuerst, vor 40 Jahre, diesem Ausdrück von einer Lehrerin von mir aus der Schweiz oder vielleicht Oesterreich gehört. Jetzt weiss ich genau.

Nochmals, Danke für die nette Wörter, Info und auch die schöne Weihnachtskarte.

Bis dann.

Rod

Dear Rod

I do live right in the geographical centre of Switzerland, in the Kanton (State) of Obwalden. The next bigger City is Lucerne. My place is cold Ramersberg (the Swiss one, there is an other Ramersberg in Austria. ^

regards

Ruedi

Guest danceswithpumps

Hi, Ruedi. Ah, ok. One of our favorite places when we went back packing through Switzerland in '73 was maybe near you. Interlaken, Thunn, Thunner See, Brienzer See. We stayed also overnight in a little town called Art Goldau. We would love to get back there again.

Thanks,:)

Rod

Edited by danceswithpumps (see edit history)

Guest danceswithpumps

It's really great to see the many old cars, European and American, and the great interest in old car rallies that the Swiss people have! :) You can see that Ruedi devotes much of his time promoting old car rallies and is appreciated by many.

Seeing the beautiful scenery pictures brought back many fond memories I have for this magnificent area.

Thanks,:)

Rod van Pelt

Dear Rod

I think it was a good idea to open this thread. It led to the conact with you :-).

How the hack did you find: O iO Oldtimer in Obwalden and OiBO Oldtimer im Berner Oberland ?

OiBO i organize, takes place exactly in that area you have travelled back in 1973. Interlaken and Unterseen (a town meltded together with Interlaken) being our hub. Goldach is nearby where i live.

Here a picture of the Interlaken Promenada (do you remember it?) Much has changed there. The tourists ar now from China, India, South Korea.

fullimage

I was in Washington DC last November. The HVA, Historic Vehicle Association became a member of Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens and therefore the General Assembly 2011 was held in the States. I'm a member of the FIVA Events Commmission http://www.fiva.org/EN/Events/Contacts.htm

regards from Switzerland.

Edited by Rami (see edit history)

Here a picture of the Interlaken Promenada (do you remember it?) Much has changed there. The tourists ar now from China, India, South Korea.

The scenery is more or less the same as it was many years ago. There are new buildings down to the village; however, the Jungfrau-Victoria Hotel is still there, still magnificent.

Another greetings from Switzerland!

Despite my name, my monther tongue is French...

Guest danceswithpumps

Hi, Ruedi and Roger. I would have to see more of Interlaken to remember parts of Interlaken. That will have been 39 yrs. ago next June that we were there. We traveled by train (Eurail Pass) and because we didn't have a lot of money then, we stayed at a very small Hotel Eintracht in Interlaken, which I suppose has really changed or vanished. I wish we would have taken the time to go on up to Grindelwald up towards the Jungfrau Mt. In the pics of the steam show, I saw pics of the Giswil station which I remember. I got the web pages from your Christmas card and spent probably 3 hrs going through many pics of the car rallies.

Thought I'd add a few lines to this thread before Kathy and I get into the Mustang and set out on a 5 hour drive to spend Christmas with the son and his wife and 2 sons.

By the way, usually the 26th is not Christmas here in the US, unlike most of Europe, but since it fell on a Sunday, it is the legal holiday today.

Thank you and have a Great day!

Rod van Pelt