!928 President 5 pass State Sedan anyone?

I'm still wrestling with my beloved 1928 President 5 pass state sedan. If anyone has a color scheme brochure from 1928 I'd be forever grateful.

1928 President 5 pass state sedan

Meadow green body/Granite gray fenders/Sierra gray reveals

any modern day equivalents to these??? Especially interested in the GRANITE GRAY, and SIERRA GRAY. I have a Meadow green on the door jamb still, and can easily match it. Even the dash and window moldings are Meadow green, though I would like to woodgrain them anyway. Need correct window/door pulls and don't know if Steve Munts is still selling these parts. Also looking for the absolute correct material for the interior. It's a bit trashed, and so sun faded I can't tell if the headliner is the same as the door, and seats the seats. Heavy mohair that looks to be olive with a little burnt orange in it as well. I need a big brother or sister who has a 1928 President or Commander that has been through it all to help me with this one. Thanks. DS

Edited by dalestern
Addition of details and requests (see edit history)

Dalestern : Last report I heard about Steve Muntz is he no longer is in the repro bussiness....he has had major health problems. I'd say your best bet would be to go on line and look for antique car material first before you worry about the paint. The fabics in the colors and materials you might want may now not even exist. This is what I did for my 30 president over 20 years ago . My car is now not the original colors but in my case the original colors were terrible........people

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dale, I have a 28 Pres., model FA. (maybe for sale). In all the literature I have looked at, I have not seen anything in the color scheme you mention. But as far as the fabric, looking olive-ish with some orange, I have the same fabric in my car. I have come to know the former gm of Labaron Bonney, who does high end stuff in his shop at home now, and he assured me it is actually a nice brown, that, over time in sun and heat always ended up that color you mentioned. It is when I took some material from the inside of the door pockets that i found the true color, and he was right. The weighted pocket flaps probably heped assure darkness in there. I am curious if you have the early 28, or the later 28?

David

Thanks David. My auto in a President FB built in late 1928. Brown huh? I'll have to check the color of the interior fabric where it's protected from the sun. I'm just trying to figure out what areas of the body are called, and where they are. I started a thread called "Studebaker Body Panel naming contest everyone!!!" But I'm not sure if anyone knows anymore. Anyway, thanks for your response./ That's what this is about, support. We need to support each other in preserving these works of art. There are so few if any manuals, diagrams, parts, resources, websites, or anything for these cars, all we really have is the knowledge, and experiences of each other at this point. So it's important to help out when someone is asking for help.Thanks, Dale

I'm still wrestling with my beloved 1928 President 5 pass state sedan. If anyone has a color scheme brochure from 1928 I'd be forever grateful.

1928 President 5 pass state sedan

Meadow green body/Granite gray fenders/Sierra gray reveals

any modern day equivalents to these??? Especially interested in the GRANITE GRAY, and SIERRA GRAY. I have a Meadow green on the door jamb still, and can easily match it. Even the dash and window moldings are Meadow green, though I would like to woodgrain them anyway. Need correct window/door pulls and don't know if Steve Munts is still selling these parts. Also looking for the absolute correct material for the interior. It's a bit trashed, and so sun faded I can't tell if the headliner is the same as the door, and seats the seats. Heavy mohair that looks to be olive with a little burnt orange in it as well. I need a big brother or sister who has a 1928 President or Commander that has been through it all to help me with this one. Thanks. DS

It may be a long shot, but try this place, they have an amazing amount of old car fabrics. I sent them a small sample for a 1941 and they had it in stock. Never hurts to try them.

Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics

• 2 years later...

Dale, per our phone conversation last night, I did find the paint chips for granite gray. Studebaker also used that color in 31 and 32. I scanned them and attached. That gray is more of a brown if you ask me. I hope the scan of colors comes through. On the back issues of the ASC review that I handle for the club. I have approx 185 different back issues available going back to 1972. That should give you many hours of reading and reference material.

Scan is too large to attach. i will email it.

Rex